Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop tries to connect to the modem with both WIFI and Ethernet at the same time.  The laptop seems to be confused.  Sometimes the laptop is connected with BOTH MEANS.  Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Earl1101 

Yes, you can connect to BOTH at the same time. Normally it will use the faster one to access. I actually connect one of my test machine to 2 wifi SSID's (same router) at the same time and it is smart enough to use the faster one first when downloading big files.

2netsx.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  Is this common?  For years it has never done this and just last week it started to do this function and sometimes disconnecting and going back and forth LIKE IT CONFUSED.  Sometimes it disrupts my online connection.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.