Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15t Touch Laptop, Product number: 4HG39AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm having WiFi connectivity issues where the WiFi shows connected in the task bar but website says can’t connect and then it will sometimes reconnect and load the webpage after about 5 sec.   I have AVG as my anti-virus but when I disable my firewall it doesn't seem to make a difference and it still has connectivity issues. See the following screenshot. 

image1.jpeg

Are others experiencing this same issue? Is there an issue with the intel wireless network adapter (Intel wireless AC-9560) or the drivers? I also updated the network adapter driver with Intel driver and support assistant but it still hasn't improved the problem.  Running Network diagnostics can't fix the problem either. I like the look and feel of the newHP Spectre X360 but the issues with wifi and the whistling sound the laptop makes is really disappointing especially from a brand new redesigned high-end 2 in 1 laptop.  I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@southpaw07 Let's take this one issue at a time, for the noise from the laptop: Click here for steps to troubleshoot and resolve,

As for the internet connectivity issues, try the below steps:

Download and install the HP Hardware diagnostics tool from this link

Once installed, shut down your computer.

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Select the component test and run a wireless test on your computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, it could be faulty.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I ran the wireless test and it said passed but I continue to get the same error messages that I tool a screen shot of. Any other suggestions why it's having intermittent wifi connection problems? i appreciate the help. thanks!

HP Recommended

@southpaw07 What about the noise, did you go through the article I had attached to help you resolve the issues with the same? 

While you respond to that, here's what I suggest you do to resolve the wifi issues:

If you have more than one antivirus, please uninstall one, as two could create such issues, also, please check if any other web browser works with the internet?

Confirm which web browser you are experiencing issues with. Additional information on the browser type and version can be found in the Help or About features in the browser tools menu.

• Internet Explorer

• Edge (Windows 10)

• Chrome

• Firefox

The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The noise so far seems better after the Bios update so thanks! I really only use Chrome so I’ll have to check to see if the problem occurs with other web browsers. I have AVG as my antivirus and also IObit Malware fighter and I disabled both of them but was still having the Intermittent WiFi connection issues. I have McAfee antivirus  trial but I disabled it as well . When I tested it without AVG or IObit, the only antivirus or anti-malware program that  was operating was Windows Defender. I’ll try the other web browsers and let you know. Thanks. 

-Morgan 

HP Recommended

@southpaw07 It doesn't help if you disable it, you need to use the antivirus removal tool and remove all except one antivirus program, that should resolve the issue,

Please do the same and let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay I'll remove one of them. Btw is there a preferred antivirus program that works best with the HP Spectre X360 laptop and Windows 10 with less wifi connection problems? Mcafee anvitrus trial comes with the laptop so does that mean HP computers run best with Mcafee?  

HP Recommended

@southpaw07 We suggest using Mcafee as it was sent with the device, however, if you have a full version of a program you've purchased, you may uninstall the rest and keep the one you've purchased instead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the IObit Malware Fighter and just have AVG antivirus installed on my computer, but it's still having the same internet connectivity issue.  😞  Has there been compatibilitiy problems between HP, AVG antivirus, and Windows 10? is McAfee suggested because its most compatible with HP products or becasue it comes with a free trial version? Thanks for all your help! 

HP Recommended

@southpaw07 There are no such known compatibility issues, however, I get your point and I suggest you go ahead and use just the McAfee and remove the rest to check if that makes a difference, once done, let me know if the internet is accessible while updating windows or any other application? Also, try connecting to any other wireless network and check if that works.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.