Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
notebook 17-po47cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

wireless mouse m315 logitek stopped working about a week ago.  computer makes audio notification when mouse receiver is pluggedin/removed. no outstanding updates listed in windows update page. reloaded logitek software and firmware. logitek install program does not insertion of receiver. zip drive works in usb socket. ran windows dism and scannow routines and scannow says there are some files with errors that could not be fixed by scannow and offered a scan log. I have no idea what to do with the log which is about 6 screens log. what now?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@chuckkat 

Please talk with Logitech. My Logitech Anywhere MX worked for many years. I used it for a machine which is over 10 years old from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (1909).

Few days ago, I decided to do a fresh install Windows 10 (1909) on the machine and the mouse stopped, Logitech only has driver for Windows 7, I downloaded driver but the installation failed simply : "this package is for Windows 7 only".

Why it worked before and not now (Windows does not know the receiver now). I don't bother to ask Logitech because the mouse must have its life.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.