Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

my laptop says windows did not detect any networking hardware.  help. it's a hp stream 11-ah120 nr. my daughter cant use it and she got it for Christmas

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ok. I originally clicked on this indicating that I had the same problem. But, with no help offered by someone else, I poked around on the the "software and drivers" page for support for the notebook.

Using another computer, I downloaded this file: sp99225.exe (which is labeled "Intel WLAN Driver"). 

(By the way, a special HP Download and Installation program will offer to do the download and install for you; however, I didn't do that because I didn't want the new driver installed on THAT computer, but instead, on the one that didn't connect with my wi-fi router and the internet.)

The download progress will show itself in the lower left hand corner of your screen. When the download is completed, right click on it and select the "show in folder" option. That will tell you where it is located on that computer. 

Go to that location and copy it onto a flash drive.

Then insert the USB flashdrive into the computer that doesn't "see" your wi-fi network.

Select the file and double-click on it to install that new driver.

Shut down that computer and power it back up.

To my delight, my computer immediately "saw" my wi-fi network and connected to the internet. I don't know how long this will last, but it's running now!

Good luck to you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.