Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion dv9010us
Microsoft Windows XP

here is the hardware id that i need the correct driver for  PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0268&SUBSYS_30B7103C&REV_A3

i believe its an nvidia network controller, however im not 100% sure.   pls help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@calif0rnia

Yes, it is Nvidia ethernet driver.  Try this Nvidia Chipset which has the ethernet included. I believe after you run it you will have the option to select which part/parts of the package you want to install. Definitely skip the Sedona network management tools. 

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.26.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@calif0rnia

Yes, it is Nvidia ethernet driver.  Try this Nvidia Chipset which has the ethernet included. I believe after you run it you will have the option to select which part/parts of the package you want to install. Definitely skip the Sedona network management tools. 

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.26.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

thank you very much, im downloading it now. ill report back to ya as soon as i install it.

HP Recommended

didnt work  

HP Recommended

Hi, @calif0rnia

You need this driver...

NVIDIA nForce Chipset Driver and Network Controller

8.62 REV: A   August 21, 2006

This package provides the driver for the NVIDIA nForce Chipset and Network Controller in the listed notebook models and operating systems.

Compaq Presario V6000 Notebook PCSeries
HP Pavilion dv6000 Notebook PC Series
HP Pavilion dv9000 Notebook PC Series

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33001-33500/sp33411.exe

HP Recommended

didnt work either

HP Recommended

I checked both drivers we posted.

That hardware ID is not present in either driver setup information file.

Here is a partial copy and paste of what is in there...

What Cheryl posted....

;*****************************************
; NVNETBus  Install Section

[Manufacturer]
%StdMfg%=Standard

[Standard]
%nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057
%nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0269
%nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373
%nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03EF
%nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0450
%nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_054C
%nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DC
%nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0760
%nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB0

What I posted...

; NVNETBus  Install Section

[Manufacturer]
%StdMfg%=Standard

[Standard]
; This is the REAL dev id.
; %nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0086
%nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_30B7103C

See if this works...I have changed the hardware ID in the driver file I posted, zipped it up and attached it below.

Download and unzip the file into its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the ethernet controller needing the driver.

Use the manual driver install method, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped>Ethernet>nvnetbus (setup information file) and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

i had noticed the exact same thing but i didnt change the files.   ill try your out your drivers and get back to ya in a bit  thank you for the assistance   its much appreciated

i just tried it and it installed it as a network bus enumerator and errored saying  the device can not start

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This is crazy. 

I checked several nvidia chipset drivers and they all have the ethernet ID closest to the one you have as 0269.  No 0268's whatsoever.

Try this one I zipped up and attached.  Use the same method as above.

This file actually has the hardware ID you posted...

[Manufacturer]
%Nvidia%    = Nvidia,NTx86.6.1

[Nvidia.NTx86.6.1]
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET40.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0038          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET40.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0037          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET41.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET41.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0056          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET51.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0269          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET51.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0268          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET55.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET55.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0372          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET61.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03EF          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET61.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03EE          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET61.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03E6          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET61.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03E5          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET61_DELL.NDI,     PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03EF&SUBSYS_020E1028          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET65.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0452          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET65.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0450          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET65.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0453          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET65.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0451          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET67.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_054E          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET67.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_054C          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET67.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_054F          
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET67.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_054D                  
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET73.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DC
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET73.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DE
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET73.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DD
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET73.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DF
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET77.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0760
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET77.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0761
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET77.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0762
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET77.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0763
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET79.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB0
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET79.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB1
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET79.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB2
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET79.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB3
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc%  =  NVENET89.NDI,          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0D7D

HP Recommended

unfortunately that didnt work. However,  i did notice in my bios settings (phoenix bios ver: F.43) there are 2 setting options pertaining to the ethernet device. first option is <enable mac lan> which i obviousy have set to enabled and the second option is <enable mac lan bridge> when it is set at disabled, windows new hardware wizard recognizes it as an ethernet controller, which has the id: dev_0268&subsys_30b7103c&rev.A3.   BUT...... if i set it to enabled, windows hardware wizard recognizes it as <pci_bridge_device>  and it has the id: dev_0269&subsys_30b7103c&rev.A3.  i tried installing all the same drivers for it as well, to no avail.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.