Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work either.

Not sure why the 0269 device didn't install by running the chipset driver, since that is the exact hardware ID that is contained in the sp33411 driver I posted.

I'm afraid I am stumped on this one...

HP Recommended

I was thinking...

You may want to try reinstalling XP with the ethernet settings showing both the 0268 and 0269 hardware ID's, and then install the chipset driver I posted.

it is possible that all the experimenting with drivers corrupted the Windows registry so badly that nothing is going to work at this point.

HP Recommended

yea im beginning to think the same thing. i think ill try system restore first. and if that dont work then ill reinstall xp.  thanx for your help  i much appreciate it   ill keep updating this post as i go along.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Good luck.  I hope you can get that driver to install.

HP Recommended

!!!!FIXED!!!!

finally was able to get it working. system restore didnt work. and thankfully  i didnt need to reinstall windows either. i enabled the option in bios labeled (mac lan bridge). when windows started, it detected a new device labeled

(other pci bridge) and when it asked for the driver, i pointed it to the driver named (nvnetbus.inf). once it accepted that driver, the other driver installed automatically afterwards. i would attach the drivers in zip file but im not finding the option to attach a file.

*****IMPORTANT*****

the correct drivers for this were the ones that CherylG had originally suggested.  http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.26.html

HP Recommended

i want to thank both CherylG and Paul Tikkanen  for their quick responses and help.  thank you both   A+ work

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to read that you were finally able to install the driver.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. Someone is always here willing to lend a hand and it  makes our day when we see  a successful ending.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.