Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Dv6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I need some help, i am working on a issue with the wifi network connection,  i can connect  to the internet 

but it says connection is limited, i looked up and find that the network card gives an 169 ip but this must be 192 here in netherlands.  so i did change the ip adres manuel in the settings and try to connect it again but then it says 

gataway is not correct, this is also impossible because there is only option for the gataway so thats strange. 

next i have reinstalled and connected the software and driver etc  looked up in win8 updates but also nothing, 

problem has started switching from provider before it worked and now it doenst connect to any provider it keeps giving 

that same responds wifi ip is not correct our cant set up ip adress weird thing is that it should auto accept the ip that 

will be given by the modem. also i have put the mac adress in the proivders wifi modem and even this wont work.  

i have reset the netsh winlock reset. 

ipconfig/ release and renew but also did not a thing, 

i turned off norton antivirus  everything 

i did a totaal clean up  all drivers are updated etc i tried setting it back to older drivers but it gives me 

the same error all over again. with the ethernet cable it works fine but this person needs the wifi to work 

but i am working on it for 3 days now i have no clue anymore. 

hope that some one here has some idea or something that i might have missed. 

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KevinNL Welcome to HP Community!

First create a system restore point. Then right-click the ‘Start’ button to access ‘Control Panel’ option and select it.

control panel

Next, chose ‘Device Manager’ option.

Device Manager

Next select ‘Network Adapters’ and under it, you will find a Wi-Fi controller listed. Select it.

driver

Double-click the controller to open the adapter’s Property window and switch to ‘Drivers’ tab.

Limited WiFi

Next, click the ‘Disable’ button and hit ‘Ok’ to apply the changes. See if it helps. If it does not help, re-enable it and proceed to the next step.

If the above solution fails, try doing the following.

Open an admin-level command prompt in Desktop mode, type the following commands, and hit Enter after each command:

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

Then type the following and hit Enter, to verify that practically all the settings are disabled.

netsh int tcp show global

Finally, reboot your machine and see if this helps.

You may also try this:

Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run the following commands

sc config licensemanager type=own

Restart the computer and see if it has helped.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, 

Thanks for the information, i did not try this yet indeed. I have given the person an usb wifi stick. 

i will call her and ask if she can bring laptop so i can try these steps to see if it helps. 

Thanks  already for help. 

kevin

HP Recommended

@KevinNL Thank you for responding!

Please take your time and get back to us with the results,

We will be eagerly awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a great day, ahead.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.