Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION G7 2010 NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I replaced the wireless adapter for this HP Pavilion G7 notebook and having trouble connecting to the router.  i can not find the drivers to install to see if that might be the problem  the wireless card being replaced is RALINK WLAN RT5390  Any help fixing this problem  can you replace with a universal wireless adapter or do you have to use the same brand (which i can not find)   part number 670691-001  please help  this is driving me crazy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That card doesn't work with the newer builds of W10. 

Here is the W10 driver for it, but I doubt it will solve the problem.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

What I recommend you do is to take a chance on this dual band wifi card with bluetooth...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter HP part # 730668-001.

You should be able to find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

730668-001 | eBay

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

That card doesn't work with the newer builds of W10. 

Here is the W10 driver for it, but I doubt it will solve the problem.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

What I recommend you do is to take a chance on this dual band wifi card with bluetooth...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter HP part # 730668-001.

You should be able to find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

730668-001 | eBay

HP Recommended

Than you.  I am going to order the part and install it.  I will let you know if it worlks.  

HP Recommended

I also tried to update the  W10 driver for it, but I doubt it will solve the problem. 5.0.57.0 .  I don't know if it is going to work or not.  But I will let you know once i receive the new WIFI card  Thanks again for your help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the help on fixing my Wireless Adapter.  I ordered the: 

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter HP part # 730668-001 from Ebay the same day you told me to replace the one i had in my laptop with the one mentioned above and it arrived today and i installed it today and the WIFI connected right away, no problem.  Very easy installation. Thanks for the knowledge about these older laptops and how to fix them without spending a lot of money.  If i have any other questions, i will definitely come to the Community.  Very knowledgeable.  

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, and thanks for letting us know the results of your notebook's WiFi card upgrade project.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.