Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14" 14-an010na laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I bought my laptop at the beginning of 2017 and have had numerous issues connecting to wifi.  A recent Windows 10 update failed and since then I have been unable to connect to wifi.  I'm getting the error message several others have had, namely the rtwlane.sys and the 'Driver IRQL not less or equal'.  It tries to restart the PC but the same error keeps appearing.  Now my only two choices are to restart the PC (which then brings up the .sys error each time) or go to advanced repair/recovery.  I tried that and picked the system restore option.  That failed!   I don't want to restore it to factory settings and start all over again if I have to.  Any suggestions gratefully received!  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I'll give that a go when I get home from work and let you know how I get on.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I continue to look thru the posts on this forum to see if anybody is making progress on the recent wireless connectivity issue and I just saw this:

the only way to fix it on the as of now new a6 7310 notebook is as follows- TYPE "device manager" into windows (10) search bar- SCROLL to "network adapters"-SELECT "realtek rtl8723be''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' wifi adapter" (which is the route cause of the problem)-RIGHT CLICK and "update drivers" use the internet to find and auto install option and thats it.

You are welcome to try that and see what improvement you see and post back on the forum

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I'll give that a go when I get home from work and let you know how I get on.

HP Recommended

As my notebook got stuck in a loop with this error message I had to select a recovery option of going to the hard drive then plugging in an ethernet cable so I could bypass the wifi connection.  I then followed this advice and Eureka :OpenSmile:  I now have a strong wifi signal even sat next to the smart tv.  Hopefully the next update won't disrupt this but at least now I know what to do.  Thank you again.

HP Recommended
Fixed for me as well. Thank you
HP Recommended
This fixed my issue ! Thank you!! 😊
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.