06-13-2019 05:17 AM - edited 06-13-2019 05:54 PM
Hi, I recently bought a used hp pavilion g4-2320DX laptop from a friend. I just discovered it has a short wifi range. I have to place the WiFi device on the laptop or very close to it before it can find the WiFi signal. It has windows 8.1 pro and Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 network driver. Please help.
06-15-2019 02:11 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN
adapter installed on the PC.
Also, you can consider upgrading the WLAN here are replacement part details: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593667
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee