Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-DA0015LA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have a HP 15-DA0015LA and the wifi card only has access to 2.4GHz band, and i need to connect to a 5GHz band router, i already looked for info on this forum and found that there are other options:

Intel Dual band wireless-AC 3168 802.11AC 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter 863934-855
Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11 ac 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter 924813-855
Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter L17365-005

but i cannot find any of them in my country, and when I try amazon i cannot get shipping to my country (colombia)

i asked HP support in Colombia, they give me a few telephone numbers but all service centers treat me like if I am having an issue with my card and ask me for a revision and that is a cost i´m not goint to pay, and they refuse me to even talk about sell me one of the cards listed above.

here are my questions:

1. is there any other option globally to get any of that spare parts (wifi module)

2. are there any other options beside the ones above, i mean i can find in normal market another options but all of them have two (2) antenna connectors, and my laptop only has one antenna, will they work? 

3. I found the Intel model 8265NGW P/N G86C0007J610 , will this work with only one antenna?

Thanks in advance,

Byron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only dual band AC wifi card where the wifi and bluetooth will work with one antenna is this one...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter   L17365-005

You can buy one on Ali Express...

https://es.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20200930104216&SearchText=RTL8821CE

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only dual band AC wifi card where the wifi and bluetooth will work with one antenna is this one...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter   L17365-005

You can buy one on Ali Express...

https://es.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20200930104216&SearchText=RTL8821CE

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for the reply, I will look on AliExpress as suggested!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.