Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 440 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good day. I turned off the button on the Wifi keyboard and did not use it for several days. Subsequently, the button could not turn on wifi again. There is no adapter in the device dispenser.
On the keyboard, the power button is lit orange - as if wifi is off.
how to fix the situation?
When you enter the BIOS and diagnose network equipment, everything is OK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I solved the problem. Perhaps this will be useful to other users.

Helped this way.
I turned off the computer, turned off the power supply, removed the battery.
After 3 minutes, he inserted the battery, turned on the power source, turned on the computer.

Incredibly, after loading the adapter, the Wi-Fi adapter appeared and everything works) I rebooted and turned off the computer everything is fine the problem

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if installing the HP connection manager software, and restarting the PC allows you to turn on the wifi adapter again.

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82423.exe

Use the software controls in the HP connection manager software to turn on the wifi card.

It the HP connection manager software does not indicate the presence of a wifi adapter, most likely it has failed, or needs to be removed and reseated.

HP Recommended
Thanks for the answer! 
 HP Connection Manager is already installed.
There are two possible options (because I constantly reboot the system in the hope that the adapter will appear)
The first option is bluetoth and wifi are missing.
the second option is bluetoth enabled (the button on the keyboard is actively lit that all wireless connections are working) and wifi is turned off and it is written that the device is disabled by the device dispenser. At the same time, there is no adapter in the device.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sounds like a hardware problem to me.

I would try removing and firmly reseating the wifi card.

Sometimes the contacts get oxidixed and causes an unstable electrical connection.

See if you can leave the antenna cable(s) connected to facilitate easy reinstallation.

Here is the link to the service manual.

The wifi card R & R procedure can be found in chapter 5.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04825510

HP Recommended

Thank you for your concern. But I do not think that this is a problem of electrical connection.

This looks more like a software bug. For some reason, sometimes the wifi adapter does not turn on itself when loading (if you have time to quickly press a button on a wifi laptop, it will turn on)
This is confirmed by a check in the BIOS. He writes that the test of the Wifi adapter was successful.

Now this problem has practically disappeared. When I entered the BIOS, I first removed the checkboxes from the launch of the wifi adapter and then reinstalled it.

However, in HP connection manager. When starting windows, opposite wifi is written disabled by the device dispenser.
If you try to turn it off and on in the HP Connection manager, this does not solve the problem. Initially, the entire shutdown writes the device is disabled. When turned on, it starts and again writes off with the device dispenser.

If you try to disable in BIOS, boot up windows and go into the HP Connection Manager, it will be written that the device is disabled by BIOS and cannot be turned on.

This means that the device is turned off in the Device Manager. But when you enter the device manager in the network adapters section it is missing. If you put in the View section to show hidden devices, it is also not visible. Installing the latest driver from the HP site does not solve the problem.

Booting windows in safe mode with network driver support does not help.

Perhaps there are other solutions to the problem?
Thank you in advance

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It is hard to say what the issue is the way you describe it.

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to reinstall W7 and install the latest wifi driver for the model wifi adapter your notebook has and see if that resolves the issue.

Most software problems can be resolved by a nice clean install of Windows and starting over.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

Yes, it remains the last options. I read various articles and discussions on the Internet, there are reviews that the reinstallation does not help.

But I have already tried all the other methods, including those listed in this thread https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/WLAN-disabled-in-HP-Wirless-Assistant/td -p / 37224

HP Recommended

I solved the problem. Perhaps this will be useful to other users.

Helped this way.
I turned off the computer, turned off the power supply, removed the battery.
After 3 minutes, he inserted the battery, turned on the power source, turned on the computer.

Incredibly, after loading the adapter, the Wi-Fi adapter appeared and everything works) I rebooted and turned off the computer everything is fine the problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.