Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 13 a006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I have an hp pavilion 13 a006na with Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b|g|n wifi card

as the device manager says

on the card itself says model atheros qcwb335

im kinda confused but anyway i want to ugrade to a 5g card,can you tell me which wifi cards my lapytop supports?

thank you in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is not quite correct.

If your notebook has two wifi antenna cables connected to the Atheros card, you should replace it with the Intel card with the HP part number I posted above.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11ac 1×1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter   HP part # 710662-005.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will first have to open up the notebook and see how many antenna wires are connected to the Atheros wifi card.

If there are two, you can upgrade to this model wifi card...If there is only one, you will need to use a dual band USB wifi adapter.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11ac 1×1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter   HP part # 710662-005.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

c04580734.pdf (hp.com)

HP Recommended

thanks for the reply..

if i understand  correctly if my card has two cables then i should look for an atheros 5ghz card and yes has two cables.

i did a search on internet about other atheros 5ghz model but im not sure what i should take so it can be supported by my notebook...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is not quite correct.

If your notebook has two wifi antenna cables connected to the Atheros card, you should replace it with the Intel card with the HP part number I posted above.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.