Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I posted earlier as I was having problems connecting to the internet for several months. Itwas making me crazy!  I tried most of the suggestions on this forum, including resetting my computer to the original specs (big mistake). Last month, I finally ordered a $9.00 USB WiFi Adapter - 150Mbps 802.11n Wireless Internet Dongle for PC + Mac by NET-DYN from Amazon. When I got it, I plugged it into my computer and voila! I got connected. 

HP Recommended

I still keep losing my internet ...Yesterday as at other times, I get the note on "realtek adapter" ..that it does NOT exist 😞

...O, really 😞  What a pile of crap !!  Also in troubleshooting, I get, there is trouble w/your hardware.. driver.  Well, the driver will NOT update ..I've tried it.  I get microsoft saying "you have the latest" driver ..no other available.  I refuse to buy more stuff to make what is supposed to be a complete, excellent pkg of HP to make it work 😞 😞  As far as I can see HP sucks 😞

They have sales on at Walmart now for kids going back to school.  Think I'll just buy a totally diff laptop & it WON'T be an HP.  Thanks for your help.  Judibug ( :smileysad:)...smilies don't even work here 😞 😞 

HP Recommended

Mostlylurking-
I think I will just save time and aggrivation (and possibly trying measures on my laptop that do more harm than good).... and get the product you linked.

In my snooping around on this laptop I saw that all of the original, factory installed apps are dated Aug 26, 2014. 
Noticed though, that the Realtek wireless LAN driver was installed on 3/1/16.  
I checked my records to find that 3/1/16 was while the laptop was in the Hp Service Center in KY!!!! ..... the place where they said they couldn't find anything wrong with the laptop, so didn't do anything, yet it came back fixed.   Hmmm, didn't do anything, yet a new driver was installed while it was there.

It sure seems like Hp knows about this problem but doesn't want the public to know that they know. 

Yep, this is my last Hp purchase as well.  

HP Recommended

Thanks @CcJohn, Enabling the 802.11d worked for me.  I appreciate your post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.