Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hai, 

Laptop model: HP ENVY 15t-k000 CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

My laptop faces problem in connecting to a wifi network from past two weeks. It keeps saying that  'realtek is unable to find any wireless network'. I have to remove the battery, place it back and then turn on to increases the chances of getting connected to a wifi. It started to happen more frequently. I can how ever access internet through a wired LAN cable wire. I tried updating the drivers, few other tricks mentioned for this probelm mentioned at HP site. But the problem remains.

Secondly, my laptop has difficulty in recovering from sleep mode. I will have to retsart it, most of the time to turn it on. 

My warranty is expired an year ago. I would appreciate any help in figuring out th problem or directing me to a source to get this problem fixed. 

[Note: I use my laptop very frequently for extended hours]

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Kurella,

I reviewed the post. Thanks for the comprehensive reply. Let me ask a few questions for better clarity.

Do other devices connect fine on the same network now?

• If they do then the issue is with the computer. Please try the computer at a different location like a library or wifi hotspot to isolate the issue further.
  • If it works fine there then the issue could be with your wireless router not granting access to this notebook as permissions are required by the router to enable certain settings on the router for it to grant access to this computer.
  • If that is the case you will need to contact the IT technician who set up the router for you.

Please backup your files and run a recovery to Hp factory settings to check if the computer is able to connect again. Link for system recovery: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643 Please follow the most relevant option that best describes your computer.

After a system recovery, if the unit still does not connect to the wireless network, then it has an issue and the wireless card needs to be replaced. 

You could contact HP phone support to get this done by following these steps:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

If the unit is out of warranty and you do not want to perform a system recovery, then I would suggest this option for you.

The other workaround would be is to get a USB wifi dongle and plug it to one of the USB ports of the computer and then connect to the wifi router. You should be able to order one for a song. It is cost effective as well. That should do the trick for you.

Also, you've been absolutely superb to work with considering your profound technical expertise. I thank you for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved and the printer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Kurella,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums. I hope you enjoy your experience! 🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to get the best from the community.

I reviewed the post regarding  Wi-Fi issues with the computer. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you here. 🙂

Stupendous diagnosis and great analysis of the situation. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you. 🙂

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.

• Did this happen after a windows 10 or software update?

For now, please try these steps.

Please follow the steps in this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/connection-to-hotspot-disconnects-abou...  from the accepted solution post and perform all the steps.

For hibernation issues follow the steps from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935

Please follow the steps from the option “The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode”

Finally update the bios, chipset, graphic card drivers and wireless network drivers from this link using the Ethernet cable.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hai David, thank you for your help. I have tried the above steps except for the bios update.  But the wifi connectivity problem keeps showing up most of the time and its giving a serious problem.  I have been using windows 10 from a long time but I am facing this problem

Thank you for your help. I have tried the above steps except for the bios update.  But the wifi connectivity problem keeps showing up most of the time and it's giving a serious problem.  I have been using windows 10 from a long time but I am facing this problem from past 4 weeks alone. I tried updating the wifi drivers a couple of time but the problem still persists. Do you want me to seriously consider updating the bios? Or do you have any other solutions to this problem. Sooner it gets resolved the better it is for me.

HP Recommended

Hai David, 

This is what is showed when tried to run the troubleshoot. I even tried using the Hp support assistant to update few things on it. Help is need as soon as possible on this issue

trouble shooting messagedetailed trouble shooting message

HP Recommended

Hai David, 

This is what is showed when tried to run the troubleshoot. I even tried using the Hp support assistant to update few things on it. Help is need as soon as possible on this issue

HP_prblem2.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi @Kurella,

I reviewed the post. Thanks for the comprehensive reply. Let me ask a few questions for better clarity.

Do other devices connect fine on the same network now?

• If they do then the issue is with the computer. Please try the computer at a different location like a library or wifi hotspot to isolate the issue further.
  • If it works fine there then the issue could be with your wireless router not granting access to this notebook as permissions are required by the router to enable certain settings on the router for it to grant access to this computer.
  • If that is the case you will need to contact the IT technician who set up the router for you.

Please backup your files and run a recovery to Hp factory settings to check if the computer is able to connect again. Link for system recovery: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643 Please follow the most relevant option that best describes your computer.

After a system recovery, if the unit still does not connect to the wireless network, then it has an issue and the wireless card needs to be replaced. 

You could contact HP phone support to get this done by following these steps:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

If the unit is out of warranty and you do not want to perform a system recovery, then I would suggest this option for you.

The other workaround would be is to get a USB wifi dongle and plug it to one of the USB ports of the computer and then connect to the wifi router. You should be able to order one for a song. It is cost effective as well. That should do the trick for you.

Also, you've been absolutely superb to work with considering your profound technical expertise. I thank you for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved and the printer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you David. Possibly that might be the problem with the USB adapter. I do find buying the USB adapter option good.

HP Recommended

HI all, 
here is an update. Recently I have replaced my laptop internal HDD with SSD. After that surprisingly my laptop wifi started to work fine. I have been using it for a week and it works like a champ! 

No more problem. My previous conclusion after a thorough debug with HP support assistant was that the internal adaptor is broken. So I patched the problem by using a external USB wifi adaptor and now my original problem is solved. 

Note: I will keep observing the laptop internal WiFi adaptor and If you see no follow-up to this post, it means the problem is solved permanently.
Thanks to all those who shared their problems, ideas and solutions!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.