Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
5CD81317TK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when I play games the wifi stopes working but its still connected and I have to wait for 5 seconds then the wifi starts working again. this happens when I am playing a game

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

could be your router.  have you tried using a friends wireless and see if the same thing happens. how far away are you from your wireless router? for a test disconnect from your wireless , make sure you stay disconnected and connect to your wireless router with a cat5 cable and play the same game see if you get disconnected. also what OS do you have and model notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.