Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi All

When I start my 15s-fq200 the WIFI performance is measured at 30-50Mbps (depending of the time of day). Over time it however drops to the order of a few Mbps and even to <1Mbps. It seems to nosedive when the laptop goes to sleep. The phone sitting next to the notebooks says its connected at 30-50Mbps all the time.  I can get some improvement by disconnecting/reconnecting WIFI, but to get full performance back I have to reboot.

I've tried all the checks and troubleshoots suggested by the chat bot.  There is no network adapter power management settings. The drivers etc are up to date. The only other suggestion by the chatbot is to check if the bios needs updating.. BUT this is a brand new laptop.  That seems drastic and I don't have a easy to access ethernet cable!

Help would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@neil_hd wrote:

.... When I start my 15s-fq200 the WIFI performance is measured at 30-50Mbps (depending of the time of day).

@neil_hd 

Please check your ISP first. Which technology of the network from your ISP now ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

its definitely not the isp. Internet speed drops to <1mbps when I close the lid and goes back up when I open it. Laptop also seems to prefer the 2.4ghz band which is the slow lane. I think also internet speed drops after it sleeps and I have to reconnect/reboot to get it back

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.