Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY dv6-7247cl Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following a windows 10 update on 1/15/2022, the wifi quit working.  The button for wifi is amber and will toggle airplane mode on and off but has no effect on the wifi radio.   Windows 10 does not include a wireless capability anymore.  I did find that the driver for the HP wireless button did not complete installation.

After I attempted to roll back the update and then to recover the system I have lost that message.

Under Other devices there is a Network Controller with this message: "Device PCI\VEN_1800&DEV_3091&SUBSYS_30911814&REV_00\4&31d34b42&0&00E3 requires further installation."

Any help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Something has happened to your notebook's Ralink Wi-Fi adapter because the fist 4 numbers have changed from 1814 to 1800, which is why the Wi-Fi adapter driver won't install.

That is a very common problem with the Ralink Wi-Fi adapters and Windows 10.

Normally they completely disappear from the device manager.

What I suggest you do is to:

1. Replace the internal Wi-Fi adapter with this model...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You can find this model Wi-Fi adapter on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi adapter.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the Wi-Fi adapter removal and replacement procedure.

c03591281.pdf (hp.com)

2. Purchase an external USB Wi-Fi adapter.  This model is both dual band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth...

Amazon.com: USB WiFi Bluetooth Adapter, 600Mbps Dual Band 2.4/5Ghz Wireless Network External Receive...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.