Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion dv7

i have a hp pavilion dv7 that will connect to the wifi easy. But the internet will not connect can not update or download anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are running Windows XP, Vista or W7, this driver should resolve the problem for you.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54972.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What operating system are you running on your dv7, and what is the model name and number of the wireless network adapter?

You can find the model wifi adapter your notebook has by going to the device manager, click to expand the Network adapters device manager category and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

hi my adapter is  Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are running Windows XP, Vista or W7, this driver should resolve the problem for you.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54972.exe

HP Recommended

that worked got me connected but now im showing a error code 0x80072 efe. and it wont show full web pages

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

If you are using XP or Vista, I suggest that you install the latest version of the Firefox browser that is supported for those operating systems, because IE8 and IE9 don't work anymore for today's modern webpage design.

Download Firefox Browser — Fast, Private & Free — from Mozilla

If you are running W7, install the Edge browser for Windows 7 from the link below.

Download Microsoft Edge Browser | Microsoft

Googling the error code also brings up some suggestions for fixing the issue, such as this one...

Two Easy Fixes for Windows Update Error Code 0x80072efe (helpdeskgeek.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.