cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
mitch1980
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

will connect to wifi but will not connect to internet

HP Recommended
hp pavilion dv7

i have a hp pavilion dv7 that will connect to the wifi easy. But the internet will not connect can not update or download anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
137,983 92,645 21,297 28,610
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are running Windows XP, Vista or W7, this driver should resolve the problem for you.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54972.exe

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

What operating system are you running on your dv7, and what is the model name and number of the wireless network adapter?

You can find the model wifi adapter your notebook has by going to the device manager, click to expand the Network adapters device manager category and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

mitch1980
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi my adapter is  Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are running Windows XP, Vista or W7, this driver should resolve the problem for you.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54972.exe

View solution in original post

mitch1980
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

that worked got me connected but now im showing a error code 0x80072 efe. and it wont show full web pages

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

If you are using XP or Vista, I suggest that you install the latest version of the Firefox browser that is supported for those operating systems, because IE8 and IE9 don't work anymore for today's modern webpage design.

Download Firefox Browser — Fast, Private & Free — from Mozilla

If you are running W7, install the Edge browser for Windows 7 from the link below.

Download Microsoft Edge Browser | Microsoft

Googling the error code also brings up some suggestions for fixing the issue, such as this one...

Two Easy Fixes for Windows Update Error Code 0x80072efe (helpdeskgeek.com)

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation