Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15 bs002ni
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

my laptop came with windows 10 , i downgraded to windows 7 64bit , all drivers work , wireless driver is installed but wireless radio is diasabled because i cant find a version of hp wireless button driver that is made for windows 7 , when i try to install it it says operating system is not adequate to run hp wireless button driver therefore i cant enable wireless radio through F12 airplane mode button , no option in bios either , why is there no hp wireless button driver for windows 7 when you can get all other drivers for the machine its so annoying can see wireless device in device manager wireless driver is installed but can turn wireless radio on

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Let me guess...your notebook has the Realtek RTL8723DE wifi adapter, correct?

There is no way to get the wifi adapter to turn on in W7.

It seems that HP has put some kind of block in the BIOS that prevents that card from working in W10.

The Intel 3168AC wifi adapter has the same issue.

Both will work just fine on W10, so there is some kind of restriction placed on W7.

No one knows what to do about it.

You can read everything we tried to get the 3168 to work on W7, to no avail at the link below...even installing the HP connection manager software didn't work.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Function-Key-not-working-how-to-turn-...

If you plan on keeping W7 on your notebook, you will need to use an external USB wifi adapter.

HP Recommended
Yes you are right it is that card interesting I've also tried everything i know to no avail I'm going to try find which pin on WiFi card disables radio and block it off will let you know if it works or not or long shot try a different WiFi card
HP Recommended

Thanks.

I hope you can figure out how to get around this issue, and maybe we can apply it to the Intel 3168 card too.

Your notebook probably only has one antenna connected to the wifi card in there now, so you would need to limit yourself to the older Realtek RTL8723BE M.2 card, or the Broadcom BCM43142 M.2 card.

I can give you some suggested part numbers if you decide to go that route.

HP Recommended

Good news got the wifi and bluetooth working , because it is a NGFF card you have to mask off pin 54 and 56 , they are right next to each other , so if you turn the card upside down and count from the edge furthest away from the 2 notches ,count nine pins in and then mask off the next 2 pins that should be 54 and 56 at least it is for the rtl8723be card i have i assume on the intel card as long as it is also NGFF it will be exactly the same , i cant believe it worked those pins are so tiny it took some finessing but it worked!

HP Recommended

That is great news.

I will pass it along to the other forum members with Intel cards...

HP Recommended
Cool hope it works I'm sure it will as long as it's ngff card the pins will be the same
HP Recommended

I linked this discussion on the thread I posted above the other day.

So, we will wait and see if anyone there decides to experiment, and what the outcome is.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I got it! Wonderful!!!

HP Recommended

I know I am way too late for this discussion however like everyone else I too got tired of windows ten using up all my resources. My laptop is a Hp laptop 15-ra0xx  and I downgraded to windows 7, however I cannot get the Intel HD graphics driver if you have the link please share. And also please also provide a picture of a masked wifi adapter because I have been getting it wrong.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.