Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 620
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello i have a hp 620 and i recently re installed windows 7 because i was having some problems and when i installed windows i downloaded some wifi drivers for ralink because my wireless card is ralink i try to install and when is the driver installing the setup closes and the driver is not in device manager i tried to install a lot of drivers and nothing happened then i understund that to be able to enable wifi i need bluetooth so i go and searched for bluetooth drivers for my pc i find the broadcom 2070 when i go to install it it says no bluetooth devices connected i dont understund this how can a laptop cant install a bluetooth driver pls help me i am confussedi want help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There were 4 links but there are only two wlan cards models.

I was giving you a choice as to where to buy the cheapest ones.

Either model would both have the same connection speed.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook needs a wireless card driver, there should be a device listed in the device manager labeled as a Network Controller.

Please post the hardware ID for the device listed as a Network Controller.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

i haver a realtek  PCIe FE Family Controller for wired connection (local area network) that driver is for wired connection but i want a driver for wirelless conection my wireeless card is a Ralink Rt3090Bc4 with ID:VQF-RT3090BC4 but i dont have wirelless driver i downloaded a lot of drivers but i extract the files in the local disk C:SWsetup and when i open it to install it its loading the setup and a cmd popups and the setup closes for my laptop there is 3 ralink drivers the two is making that thing in setup and the one is requires bluetooth installed so i am asking now what i must do and the second problem with my pc is when i go to install broadcom 2070 bluetooth driver it says no bluetooth devices detected help me if you want more info i can give you but help me 

HP Recommended

Hi:

You would need the Ralink Motorola bluetooth driver for that model card.

So, you don't see a ralink wireless or bluetooth device in the device manager?

Then most likely you need to first install the HP Wireless Assistant software, restart the PC, use the wireless assistant software to turn on the bluetooth and wireless, and then the drivers should install.

To recap, you need the following...

This package contains the HP Wireless Assistant for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. The HP Wireless Assistant is a user application that provides a way to control the enablement of individual wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or WWAN devices) and that shows the state of the radios for these wireless devices.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45222.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink Wireless LAN Controllers in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51604.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink/Motorola Bluetooth and High-Speed (HS) Adapter in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51607.exe

HP Recommended

yes i download the hp wirelless assistant but it says the bluetooth is disabled it says to go to device manager but in device manager i dont have bluetooth driver but when i go to install bluetooth (broadcom 2070 driver) it says please turn on or plug in your bluetooth in order to continue installation pls help me with this

HP Recommended

You don't use the broadcom bluetooth driver for the ralink wireless card.

I gave you the driver you need...this one...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink/Motorola Bluetooth and High-Speed (HS) Adapter in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51607.exe

HP Recommended

yes i try to install this driver but when i choose language and click next it says bluetooth hardware must be switched on to run this setup package

HP Recommended

That is the driver you need if you have the ralink wlan card.

The bluetooth radio must be dead.

HP Recommended

yes i know that is the driver that i need but how to find bluetooth radio?if i find bluetooth radio then i will be able to install the driver

HP Recommended

Hi:

Check the BIOS to make sure the bluetooth radio is present and enabled.  If it is disabled, enable it.

If it is, and the wireless assistant states the BT is disabled, then the bluetooth radio has probably suffered a hardware failure.

The BT should just be showing up in the device manager if it was working properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.