Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HELP!!!! I have an HP 2000 laptop and all of a sudden the wireless function will not work. no matter what I do the button stays orange. I do not have Wireless Assistant installed on this computer. I tried to download it from another computer and install to mine, but it stated that the version was not accepted. I have only had this computer 6 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.

4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.

6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.

4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.

6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

well I finally got it to work after several hours. I had to do a system restore and then search for the HP Wireless Assistant download until I could find one that would go on the computer. After that I pressed the wireless button and it worked.

HP Recommended

Hi

Great you are able to connect to wireless connection back again.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Here is long story short. I upgraded to Windows 8 and Wireless broke.. There are no latest driver from HP for Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230.. I called Microsoft  tech support and he uninstalled the default wireless driver on Windows 8 and re-installed it. I pressed the toggle key and wireless started to work..

I noticed driver was dated 10/1/2011 from Microsoft and I felt adventures and downloaded the latest driver from Intel which is 11/04/2012.. Now Wireless is broke again.. Now Even after I tried un-install and re-install the driver like the Microsoft tech support guy did, it is not connecting to internet.. I see the amber light.. Need Help !!

HP Recommended
Thanks it worked I thought I was going to have a heart attack without wifi. Yeah I'd play the sims 3 without wifi but ain't nothing like the Internet without it feels like being disconnected from the world. 😊
HP Recommended

this resolved my issue and I am beyond thankuful. I've had the laptop for 6 months and was so lost when I turned it on and the red error would not leave the screen. Thanks so much for the help!

HP Recommended
I try to add wifi by using add device option on windows 7 ( hp 2000-2328 model ) .At that time white colour of f12 button turned off . i try to install aethores but it doesnt support
HP Recommended
i lost all hp files from laptop at the time of formatting ... can you suggest a way for restoring these files
HP Recommended
I've tried everything and I can't get my wifi button to work.. Someone pls help 😞
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.