cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
VibhorJain Top Student
Top Student
2 1 0 3
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0% available (plugged in, charging)

Hi,

My HP Pavilion DM4 is showing 0% available (plugged in, charging).

As soon as I disconnect AC, laptop turns off.

I tried following but problem is still there:-

1.) Switched off laptop.. Disconnected all wires. Pulled out battery from laptop keeps pressing power button for 30 seconds. Reconnected battery switched on Laptop and when the OS comes up. Issue is till seen.

2.) In Windows 7, Under the Batteries category, Uninstalled "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery"  and after that on the Device Manager taskbar, clicked Scan for hardware changes. After that device manager detects Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery component and reinstalls it. But even after that problem is not solved.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Vibhor Jain

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
10400 10284 247 603
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi VibhorJain, welcome to the HP Forums. If your battery is not powering the notebook, and will not charge there is likely hardware failure. This troubleshooting document will help you narrow down the cause: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let me know how it turns out.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
VibhorJain Top Student
Top Student
2 1 0 3
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No It doesn't turn out.

I googled and tried some other scenario that solved the issue.

I followed following:-

1.) Windows is up and running and Laptop is on using AC with battery connected.

2.) I turned the window off using shut down command.

3.) Keeping Power Adaptor ON, I deattached the battery and after few seconds connected the battery again with Power Adaptor ON.

4.) Now I turned On Laptop windows. Now I started charging and showing 3% available (plugged in, charging).

I Hope this will help some other person.

Regards,

Vibhor Jain

fowadimami Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks
"0% available" battery issue resolved
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation