Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

SOLVED!!!!

Uninstall HP CoolSense!!!

Disk usage immediately dropped from 100% constantly to 3%!!! I repeat...the culprit is HP CoolSense!!!!

All the other recommended measures are pointless...this is the FIX

HP Recommended

i didnt have hp coolsense installed in my laptop but it still showed that error.

HP Recommended

it happens with dell laptops too. so maybe the hdd they are sending are faulty ones. i was thinking that maybe the dos laptops are having this issue. mine is dos . is anyone else having dos laptop here and using free windows 10 version.

HP Recommended

My laptop had CoolSense which I've remoeved however it hasn't resolved the issue. Is yours still resolved?

The lack of communication from HP on this issue is dissapointing.

HP Recommended

@Qwerty179 wrote:

My laptop had CoolSense which I've remoeved however it hasn't resolved the issue. Is yours still resolved?

The lack of communication from HP on this issue is dissapointing.

No, I had removed the bloat within the first few posts. Issue remained, at the time of starting this topic Toshiba had some faulty drives and were aware of the issue yet no real "HP support" can confirm it being the HDD used in model. I am now running GNU/Linux on the machine with a similar issue.

Waiting on the "HP Support" for GNU/Linux issues with the disk usage I am still seeing. I can hardly run a web browser and an editor without it going unresponsive.

I even got into an argument with one member, that didn't know how to use the convenient HP website forum search feature to look at this. I have never had an issue with the HP servers that I use, but now with two home laptops one completely broken and was  untouched.  These laptops have been nothing like **bleep**, phone support is **bleep**ing ridiculous, and this forum is just a bunch of people wanting to point the finger and throw darts at online solutions that may or may not even be relevant to the issue. Which had the issues from when I opened the **bleep** things, the reviews on the stores sites are bad, but I thought it was because most people might not have been tech savvy. This is not the case.

If removing the "CoolSense" from your computer has helped you consider yourself lucky. I will post my solution if I ever come across one. Right now not even using GNU/Linux is helping.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify my laptop had CoolSense insatlled and uninsatlling  it did not resolved the issue. Hopfully HP are able to provide an update sooner than later. 

Appreiceate your update.

HP Recommended

same issue with my 15-ay077nr, Hp get your **bleep** together. absolutly the last HP I will buy. I bought a mac book in 2012 and that **bleep** thing is still going strong, I dont even want the new ones.

HP Recommended

Hi there, I have been searching to sort this problem for weeks, and the only thing that has worked is deleting everything in the windows/prefetch folder, it instantly dropped the disk usage to 5%

HP Recommended

Try this:

Task Scheduler.

Pressn Task scheduler library.

Go down the list and disable everything useless. Especially Updates for non critial tasks.

Had the problem on my new pavilion for 6 months. Even after trying everything. First thing that worked was this. I will be posting this on the numerous other posts on the HP site.

Omar.

Have a nice day

HP Recommended

Hey there

Just bought an HP 15-AY125NS and runned into the same problem. After trying everything suggested, I just thought: ok, let say if after "a while" it stops. I left my laptop switched on over the night, and the next morning everything was ok.

Now even after several reboot, disk usage is always low or even zero, so (at least in my case) the problem was hust several upgrades to be finished after the first power on. THanks HP, I just had a spare day to face your problem >( .

By the way, this is the first time after years that I try to buy again HP, as they did so bad in the past that they dostroyed the brand. I tried, and I failed. Shame on them, I'll never do the same mistake again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.