Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I just purchased the brand new x360, which I love.  My only issue is that the power cord doesn't stay into the USB C charging port, so any maneuvering or flipping the laptop, or other motions and gestures, loosens the contact and the laptop stops charging.

Does anyone else have this issue?  Could this be an issue with the cord itself?  Feels as though when plugged in, there is still some wiggle room and it's certainly not snug.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@ajain17

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you have an HP Spectre, you're using a Type-C USB and it doesn't maintain contact well,

The best way to identify the issue is to try an alternate USB cable and check if that's loose as well.

Once confirm you could either contact HP to get a free replacement if it's within the HP Warranty,

Or get one at a local store as it isn't that expensive (The choice is yours and only yours) 😉

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have same issue. Any touch or movement of USB-C charging cable and it stops charging as it looses connection.

I tested with another USB-C cable, that I use to charge my phone. It stays much firmer in the port on the laptop ( I can't test if charging is affected or not though).

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac002 (1LL13EA#UUW)

Is this known design flaw, or just a quality problem for us?

HP Recommended

Hi -

I have the same experience.  When I used a USB-C adapter it seems to be much more snug than the connection to power adapter.

It feels like a flaw in the design, but if it's consistent throughout I also can't think of what they would propose as a solution....I haven't contacted HP about this yet but plan to do so soon...let me know if you do as well.

thanks,

HP Recommended

@Jonas_Norström

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the alternate phone charger fits in firmer than the one on the laptop,

That pretty much confirms the issue as the charger cable for your computer seems to be loose and requires a replacement,

Please Contact HP and get a free replacement cable to resolve this issue (No charges involved if the PC is withing the HP warranty).

Use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ajain17

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Unfortunately, there are no other solutions for this issue.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have same issue with the same laptop that was purchased in December 2017.  I thought it was just me.  Searched online and couldnt find any other complaints until now.   Thanks for posting.  I am going to try and reach out to HP and see if get any results for a solution.

HP Recommended

I also had this issue and through HP support it has been resolved.

I went to the following URL to create a case number with my specific laptop model/serial number and such:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp  (click Get Started)

I also included links to a couple forum posts like this one rather than go into too much detail regarding the issue.

Then I chose Chat rather than a phone call (tried phone call first, but as it rang I tried Chat as well, and I completed via Chat prior to my phone call being answered).

After a short conversation, the support rep agreed to send a replacement power supply. I was skeptical that it would be any better, but the replacement *does* have a better fit so far, and seems to resolve the issue. Only time will tell if it's temporary or not.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  HP spectre x360 Convertible 13-w0XX purchased in November.  It appears the power connector to the power brick does not hold and charging is intermittment at best.  Contacted HP and they are sending me a replacement USB-c power connector.  Fingers crossed.  

HP Recommended

Good luck.  I received a replacement, though it barely works better than previous. I alway need to make sure to keep it leveled, and keep pushing it in every so often.

Customer service has been great though, they even followed up from time to time.  I'm almost thinking about taking a wedge into the inside of the USBc and stretching it out a bit for a snug fit.  I guess it's just a hardware fault they wont be able to correct....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.