Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
40 minutes ago, may notebook gone in hoverheat.
It presented screen freezed, and a lot of heat in the downside cover.
After a moment that i called the task manager with the combination ctrl+alt+del i've seen a blue screen for an instant.
In that blue screen i've seen a QR code and a small frase but it's disappeared before i can read.

Sorry for my english but i'm italian.

I've remoived the ac connector.
And hold the power button for 5 seconds to do a forced shutdown.

After i've wait 5 minutes i've reconnect the power cable to the laptop, i've restarted it, and i had seen the battery isn't in charge.

As i read in the guide on the hp support, i've removed the ac adapter from the laptop and from the electrical alimentation for ten seconds, but after the reconnection, th laptop not go in charge.

I've try to disconnect the ac adapter for ten minutes but the laptop not go in charge.

I can't try if the ac adapter send power to laptop.

Someone can help me?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@zegalvis

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand your AC adapter or motherboard has failed and you think it's due to the overheating issues,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

If you reconnect the power adapter, is the computer powering on? are you able to get to the desktop screen?

Are you using any cooling pad as such to cool down the computer heat?

If the computer is not charging anymore, did you try with an alternate adapter to check if that works?

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find your product number: http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03754824

(Do not share any personal information such as serial number, email ID, phone number or address on a public forum for your safety). 

While you reply with the answers, I suggest you also remove any surge protector, keep the computer in a cold environment and then let me know if it works,
So that we may troubleshoot further.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, the problem seems resolved.

I have the habit to remove the battery from the laptop when is completely charged, and continue to use the computer with the ac adapter alimentation.

I've reconnected the ac adapter, after 1 hour and the laptop receive again power.

I haven't disconnected again the alimentation or the battery and the problem isn't represented.

Thanks for the attention and good evening.

HP Recommended

@zegalvis

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.