Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@ titantsai

as what daniel and cheryl mentioned above,,,,download the HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. But there give us two different files. I will try both of them.

HP Recommended

@TitanTsai

Hi,

You don't need to try all of them.

Download and install only latest version and everything will be ok.

HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection here (ver 4.0.5.1 for 32/64 bit Windows 7)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I try all of them. after that my computer can not get in OS. I restore it. I alreay try Ver.4.0.5.1 and 4.0.3.1. It happy the same problem. The device position AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter Driver. The code:  ACPI\HPQ00​04. Have anything I can do?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Daer edbergjun,

Sorry, also not this one.

But thank you very much.

HP Recommended

@TitanTsai

Hi,

1. Post your part number (p/n) . You'll find it at the bottom of the laptop on a sticker, which looks like this.

2. Uninstall from your system HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection and restart it.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

3.  Go to:

Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> System Devices

and check is it listed there "HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor".

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi i had same problem on (WIn 7 x64), and resolve it.

the key for me was that "HP 3d driveguard supports ONLY intel Raid controller driver..... "

first . check what kind of IDE ATA/ATAPI driver you have installed.

device manager - > IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

for normal 3D guard work and booting OS you should have standart controller AHCI1.0 Serial ATA installed, if you see AMD AHCI controller of something like that, then you should remove that driver. right mouse click - properties  - driver - remove, then reboot youre system, after booting OS check again, that OS automatically install default driver, not AMD, and if it does then you can start to install HP 3D drive guard and reboot and everything should be fine   

HP Recommended

I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion DV4-1212la. All the other drivers are working but when I checked in Device manager, I see an unknown device with ACPI/HPQ0004. I tried researching and installing different HP Drivers, but then of install, when I restart the system, the logo "Start Windows" make freezed, and its neccessary return to the last restore point. Can you help me choose the best fix for this? Many of the results say that it's 3D Driveguard but I don't see any details regarding 3D Driveguard in the device manager. Please help me locate the right drivers for Windows 7 64bit. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, i have HP DV6t-3100 CTO Entertainment Note Book PC previously i had 64bit Win7 but recently i have installed 32bit and after a fresh installation and installing every suitable driver on driver support page except 2 unknown devices

1 is PCI Simple Communications Controller (seems like dailup modem but i dont have modem on my laptop)
2 is unknown device ( hardware Ids: ACPI/HPQ0004)

i saw on this thread that it is "HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection"

how ever i cant find HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection on my drivers page

help please if anyone have it

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.