Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi superman014:

My only suggestion would be to try and reinstall from the ubuntu operating system download  or just reinstalling the entire Ubuntu 12.04.

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have not dealt with tar files in ten years - using Windows these days.. 

I think you will find the RPM installation files in the tar ball once  you extract the contents from within that archive.

Command Line:

See this article on how to use tar:  Linux and Unix tar command

Read about using the "tar x" extraction method.

No doubt you can find examples of the "tar x" on Google if you need such.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using Gnome?  Right-Click on the file and it may ask you to "open with" -- File RollerArk is used with KDE.

You might also try using File Roller archive - you may already have this as part of your Linux setup, else see:

File Roller - An Archive Manager for the GNOME Desktop

This should be enough to get you started.

Good Luck!

Click the Kudos Star!

It is a great “Thank You” for all the HP Experts who are here to help!

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.