cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lkes-515 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Acer Aspire 5 Bios unlock password

Acer Aspire 5 (a517-51g-54g)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've forgotten my bios password for an Acer Aspire 5, and I'm given an unlock key 1075601472.

Does anyone know?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost
Provost
26,040 24,632 3,550 7,921
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @lkes-515 

I have only seen the 10 number hash code a few times. (2-3)

Can you take a photo and post it???

Thank you,

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
lkes-515 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here's what I've got: 01.jpg

0 Kudos
lkes-515 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
aymanboubleh Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! I pretty much have the same issue(same laptop a515-51G), except it may be worse in my case. The booting from external drive is disabled, and I dont have the password for the bios(my key is 1136186757 in case if somebody wants to help !). I tried removing the CMOS battery that is hidden under the battery. I detached it for about 3 hours and re-attached it. I also tried to set the password flag to 1 in the BIOS firmware settings before flashing it, both methods didn't seem to work. There is a website that gives unlock keys only for 8-digit passwords, They said they should update it to include the 10-digit ones,  but, no updates till now sadly. Im pretty much locked. if Windows messes up in some update the laptop is done for.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation