Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

كيف اسطتيع تحديث جهازي

HP Recommended

my download videos is slow

HP Recommended

I recently purchased an HP ENVY dv7 Laptop AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M 2.3GHz from Costco.

It features the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter, and I have the common problem of disconnecting frequently at random times.

This is incredibly frustrating to deal with for gaming or skype calls, or even just normal internet browsing. My old beat up laptop still holds connection fine. I've tried many of the solutions presented in this thread but none of them seem to be doing the trick. Seeing as this has been happening to people for a few years now, I'm appalled that HP and Qualcomm haven't remedied this yet. If anyone has some new insight to offer, I'd be really grateful.

HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion G7-2235dx notebook running windows 8 with an Atheros AR9485 wireless adapter that has no wireless reception at all. There was an update on 5/29/13 and after that the wireless adapter had stopped working correctly. Before that everything was fine. Now, there is just a red "x" over the wireless signal icon. When I try to connect manually I get the error message "An unexpected error has occured." When I troubleshoot it tells me that there is a problem with the driver for the adapter. I've tried downloading various drivers found in this thread, but no luck. The adapter is enabled, but when I try to connect via the network connections screen no networks are found. All the other wifi devices in my home work fine...except for this one. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The LAN works fine, but as soon as I unplug my ethernet cable, I get nothinng whereas before the wireless would automatically search, find and connect to my network.

HP Recommended

i want to download

HP Recommended

support my hp pavilion g6 all software

HP Recommended

Tried installing this on my laptop with Windows 8 and it took out my wireless adapter. I had to 'refresh' the computer to get connectivity back!!

HP Recommended

Atheros WLAN Driver Fixes Connection Issues With Many New Routers (Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, etc 

HP Recommended

gracias y que me sea de bien para mis programas y buen provecho para la compañia

HP Recommended

I used to have TERRIBLE connection issues on a toshiba laptop I owned that was cursed with the dreaded atheros WLAN adapter. A driver I downloaded from http://www.atheros.cz/ this website instantly fixed the issue I had with my internet. With the default atheros driver it was constantly dropping it's connection. This website offers modified 3rd party drivers that aim to fix the issues that people may experience with this brand of network adapter.

1st party Atheros provided drivers are flawed, at least, from what I've experienced. Try the 3rd party drivers if someone hasn't already suggested to do so.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.