Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have a Probook 6450b S/N: {Removed for privacy}

Can you help please??

Thanks

HP Recommended

Welcome Cvanasw.

I have the warehouse guys looking for your model laptop. "We go threw 15,000 - 20,000 a month"

When they find one I will let you know if it can be done

Let you know what I find.

HP Recommended

Cvanasw.

This is not your model but the BIOS is the same.

http://www.allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2553

This is a site that I am a moderator.

Probook BIOS passwords are taking on the format that IBM/Lenovo did years ago.

Sorry there is not much I can do.

HP Recommended

Greetings and salutations I need help resetting bios password for HP mini 1000 it would really be appreciated if someone could assist me in this process. After inputting every probable password in every possible way I get a fatal error system failed message then the serial number for the notebook {removed for privacy}.

HP Recommended

Welcome Bumpyj.

Try.

e9lo7vf5g9

Third letter lowercase L.

Just a note - if you participate in this thread I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have the same problem with accessing the bios of HP Elitebook 2540p.

I bought the laptop 2nd hand, without the password.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Hi I am dire need of resseting resetting my bios password i have done everything i could i have a Probook 6550b i bought this when i was back in the states from a guy who owns a computer business, the bios password was already set, i have tried from removing cmos password to using software PLEASE HELp as i do not want to buy abother machine

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hi,

I´ve a 2nd hand notebook (HP Omnibook xe4500) and I can´t get into the bios, cause there is a password and HP told me that thay can´t help cause the notebook is to old. They only can help if the Notebook is newer then 2009 (the xe4500 must build in 2004)

The Bios hashcode is 14923

I really hope that you can help and you can greate a new password that I have access to the bios

many thanks from Germany

Hans

HP Recommended

Welcome OZ. Try.

Brute forcing passwords...

Generic Phoenix BIOS:          ydyjvrj

HP/Compaq Phoenix BIOS:        afxvh

FSI Phoenix BIOS (generic):    2721633

FSI Phoenix BIOS ('L' model):  619713

FSI Phoenix BIOS ('P' model):  3788526

FSI Phoenix BIOS ('S' model):  672984

FSI Phoenix BIOS ('X' model):  13514

done.

Please note that the password has been encoded for the standard US

keyboard layout (QWERTY).

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.