Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP zBook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP zBook Studio G3 that had the Motherboard replaced and BIOS Updated to N82 01.15.

There is an issue with Fans coming at full speed on when you start SolidWorks that was not there beforehand.

I had the Fans swapped out by HP but the problem is still there.

To eliminate the software I re-imaged the laptop and issue is still there. My customer said the issue was not there before motherboard was replaced. I compared Laptops and the only main difference i can see is BIOS versions.

I want to roll it back to N82 01.07 but it won't let me because I get the BIOS Update Denied by System Policy message.

I restored the BIOS Settings to Factory Default.

Still could not go back to N82 01.07. so I decide to go to the next lowest one.

I was able to rollback to N82 01.14 so if I can do that you would imagine the policy at least allows you to go backwards.

I went to rollback to N82 01.12 but got denied that to because of system policy.  (There is no 01.13 online)

I copied the BIOS Settings from a zBook with the 01.07 version in the hope that all the settings would be the same.

The "Lock BIOS Version" is unticked and the "BIOS Roll back Policy" is set to Unrestricted Rollback to older BIOS.

When I select "Restricted Rollback to older BIOS" I can set the "Minimum BIOS Version" which I set to 01.07

This still would not let me rollback due to the System Policy so I reverted back to  Unrestricted Rollback to older BIOS.

In desperation I tried going all the way back to 01.05 but still no joy.

Tried 01.12 again but no joy.

I am giving up 😞

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

i have the same problem with my probook 450 G3, cant rolback to an older bios version

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem with my HP 450 G3.

What is the solution to roll back BIOS ?  UFEI

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.