Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion dv7 1240us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, does rolling-back to a previous BIOS version "deletes" the changes made by a newer BIOS? My fan won't spin faster when laptop gets hot. I remember it spinned like a racing car. I've been flashing old BIOS versions but no luck.

Can I ask HP to release a fix? My laptop is old and out of warranty.

Before telling me to clean my fan/heatsink please read my full story.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@smtrejo

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you  have gone through a lot, considering the amount words and time that went into writing "the story", and I also acknowledge that all you want to know is if a BIOS Rollback could fix the slow fan issue and you can return to Soccer,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

How did you do these last attempts of BIOS Rollback?

Was it by installing another version of BIOS or by using the key combinations during startup?

While you respond to that, here's how you attempt a successful BIOS Rollback:

View this video on YouTube.

Or Alternatively, Click here for step by step instructions.

If this is what you did and yet the issue persists, then you might want to run a hardware test on your FAN (CLICK HERE) to detect any malfunctions as the speed cannot be manually changed and is system managed.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.