Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envey x360 Convertable 15m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What I have done

I have checked all updates, windows and HP

I have updated Realtek HD driver

Removed all Realtek drivers and reinstalled again.

This will work for about a day and then something conflicts and and I get the Bang&Olufsen Can not connect to RPC Service error.

Any ideas?

Edit-AMD Ryzen 5 (I knkow it has an audio setting if that helps)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@WR138 Greetings from the HP Community!

Did you update to the latest drivers from the HP website?

(Click here to find and install, if you haven't)

If you have and it doesn't work, please Install the 2.81 64-bit Windows 10 driver, and you will have the equalizer back.
Do NOT uninstall the present driver, just run the file you just downloaded.

Click here to download the Audio codec & with it the missing software.

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I don't get the error and Bang&Olufsen will now launch but t I don't have the equalizer.
The third party link is a 404 error.

I also can't get 2.81 64-bit Windows 10 driver, to do a full install. At the end I get an error that says

Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure Error Code: – 0001

Maybe remove all audio drivers and re install from scratch?

HP Recommended

@WR138 That would be a good idea to remove and reinstall the drivers from scratch,

Also, please use the HP website to download the latest drivers for your device: click here to find and install the same,

If that doesn't help, we may need to create a new user account and check if that helps

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have had HP do the auto scan with Support Assistant and it says everything is up to date.

When I go to the Software Center via the link and have the laptop get scanned it gives a a handful of drivers that could use updates and the drivers are are no the most recent. I went to the audio drivers and tried each. Each time I got a pop up saying it is already on my computer with the path it is located. The most recent gives an error that it isn't supported.

Driver-Audio

Version:

6.0.8683.1 Rev.C

WR138_0-1580587574176.png

WR138_1-1580587574177.png

I dont understand why Support assistant says I am up to date but the Software Center shows I have things missing that are loaded and one driver that isn't even supported.

Issue is still not resolved, and I have tried everything suggested so far.

Any other things to try? I did see the Bois update but I am skeptical if it is needed after the audio drivers existed and were still recommended.

HP Recommended

@WR138 I suggest you proceed with the BIOS update, and do let us know if you've created a new account to check if it works,

If you've done that as well, and nothing works, we may need to run an extensive h/w test to ensure this isn't a hardware malfunction:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.