Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I confirm the issue with halo.
Regarding battery I am at around 2 percent discharge per 24h in hibernation
HP Recommended

any news on the bios update or some news on its fix , ihave to decide in this week to buy a new laptop. Hp wants to fix it or not what are they thinking they want people to not buy their products???

HP Recommended

guys can anyone tell me is this battery drain problem only with kabylake version ??? does the skylake spectre x360 have this battery drain problem and how do we fix that??

HP Recommended

I've applied all of the updates from HP including the Sphinx update and all appropriate Microsoft updates to the OS.  I'm finding an unacceptable amount of battery drain again.  The last week has seen a new wrinkle,  the photo ID feature is choking after a nap and I need to reboot or log in with my password.  Just one more disappointment. 

HP Recommended

hp released new spectre 13 laptops with 4k display and windows ink support models are ac013dx ac023dx ac033dx, i think they might have fixed the issue in these laptops.

HP Recommended

@ssdboy wrote:

hp released new spectre 13 laptops with 4k display and windows ink support models are ac013dx ac023dx ac033dx, i think they might have fixed the issue in these laptops.

You "think" this has been fixed?  Speculation isn't all that useful.  Do you have any hard evidence?  Given that HP hasn't fixed it in the late 2016 x360, nor in the previous version x360, what reason is there to believe they suddently figured out the problem when all that has changed is a different screen resolution?

Facts matter, in politics as well as tech forums.  Write again when you've got solid evidence.

HP Recommended

Releasing new models with pens, and 4k display doens't mean anything 

lol@ fixed 

With the amount of recalls HP has done on bad batteries I wouldn't be suprised to hear the spectre being recalled soon.

HP Recommended

Looks like they decided to stay with Intel 620 Vid car instead of the 640 that they mentioned it would have at CES.

HP Recommended

> Given that HP hasn't fixed it in the late 2016 x360

Call it a fix or call it a workaround, whatever you call it the Sphinx fix definitely solved the power drain issue in my late 2016 x360 and a number of other people have reported the same results. 

I too wish there was a better understanding of the issue so that HP could roll out a BIOS fix that takes care of everybody but I guess we're just not there yet.

HP Recommended

@Demogo wrote:

...  HP could roll out a BIOS fix that takes care of everybody but I guess we're just not there yet.

So if we're not there yet, you consider that a fix?   Watchdog507 says he's applied all updates including the Sphinx fix and his is draining battery "again" (his word).  You call that fixed?

I heard the Ford Focus has a problem where owners can't turn the engine off, resulting in gasoline usage when the car isn't being used, and the car runs itself completely out of gas after not being driven for a week.  Not to worry, though.  Ford has a fix, but it only works on half the vehicles.  The "fix" has no effect on the other half. Your car works, but you know of many that do not after the "fix" is applied.  Would you call that fixed?  Would you buy a second one for your spouse?  Would you recommend a Focus to your friend?

Or perhaps you are just incredibly selfish and uncaring.  Hey, yours seems to work, at least for the moment.  Who cares about everyone else's car?  Or expensive computer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.