Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I too have had the same exact problem since I bought my new Spectre 360.  It runs down to zero in about a week.  Something is obviously still running even when it "supposedly" is truly powered down.  If I leave it for two weeks, it must be plugged in for a while before it will even boot, and then it sends a message that the CMOS checksum is off.  However, it still boots properly.  This is really disappointing.

HP Recommended

I have an envy 13-d003np with the exact same problem and on the phone HP tried to convince me that it was a feature to prevent the computer to be stored with a full battery... It seems that there are several people with the same problem, wouldn't it be possible to file a group complaint agaisnt HP to get at least a straight answer from them?

HP Recommended
It seems unlikely. There are only handful of people who couldn't wait for a review before purchasing this shiny looking, poor performance laptop. I'm sure Envy 13t sales quite poor because of the sub-standard battery performance.

HP, as you said, doesn't even acknowledge the problem let alone fixing it. I'm trying to sell the laptop as it is.
HP Recommended

After reading all the other posts, I found two that I thought might be causing my problems: 

1: turn off rapid startup, and this did decrease the battery drain without any noticeable slowdown in startup speed.

2: unplug any usb receiver like that used for a wireless mouse.  I felt a little embarassed that I hadn't thought of that one.

Anyway, the results of those two together have my Spectre 360 back in my good graces.  It's just down a few percent after a week on the shelf.  After that test, it won't ever sit that long.  

Hope that helps others.

HP Recommended

Tried both. Also tried:

- Turning off USB charging in BIOS.

- Switching to flight mode before shutting down

- Going down to 0% in BIOS to make sure it shuts down completely then charging to 100%

- Disabling Intel Management Interface driver (there are some reports on forums)

I've put many hours on diagnosing for the problem and searching for a solution. Now, I ask myself: Why?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem with my new HP Spectre x360.  I fully charged the battery then when I store the laptop and do not use it for a week.  The battery is fully drained.  I chatted with support today and they updated my bios and removed the battery driver.  I shall see if this is still an issue after a week.  Not confident that the problem is going to be resolved. Having the tablet function on this laptop is nice but if you can't even store the laptop and have a fully charge battery when you turn it back on.  Hopefully HP will recognized the issue and fully resolve the issue with their customers.  This is a brand new laptop and already having issues with it.  

Thank you. 

June 

HP Recommended
No need yo wait for a week. Make sure you shut down (not sleep) and check it after 24 hours.
BIOS updates and drivers are just waste of time.
HP Recommended

Hi

Have this solved the problem? I have just started to have the same problem with my Spectre. Drains when shutdown. Maybe a coincidense but seem to have started since the last windows 10 update last week?

Carl

HP Recommended

Thought I would chime in as I'm also having this battery drain issue too. 

I just bought my Spectre over a month ago and have noticed that the battery drains while the laptop is shutdown/completely off.

I had fully charged the battery at 100% on Sunday night. I turned on my HP Spectre this morning and it was at 35%!!!

Come on HP, what gives? 

I would request that the forum moderators here take note of this issue and run it up the ladder at HP, as this issue is totally unacceptable. 

I would also request that any other Spectre owner who reads this thread, also post their experiencing and contact HP to demand answers and a fix to this issue.

HP Recommended
Have posted on another thread. Been told it could be Intel management engine version 11 but can't install version 9.5. Have contacted HP who don't care so trying my local computer shop. Will post what/if they find
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.