Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response f1fan.

It troubles me that I'm hearing a reoccuring theme here that HP doesn't care.

Please keep us posted.

I will continue to escalate this issue if I don't receive a satisfactory response from a live HP tech support agent and not some copy & paste forum bot.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Yep, have just started having this problem with my Spectre x2. Twice now I've shut down at night (fully charged) and gone to use it in the morning and it's been completely flat. Hopefully HP are working on this. I'm going to give them a call in the next couple of days though to find out.

HP Recommended

Hi

I have been emailing the tech support for the last couple of weeks been asked to do varies things and nothing has worked so they should be arranging for a collection of my Spectre for them to have a look at it. Is nice to know more and more people are having this issue, but not nice that we have this issue?

Will update when i find anything out. 

HP Recommended

Just an update to my battery drain issue on my HP Spectre x360...

I decided to try what deltacsh had mentioned in a previos post and it seems that it has addressed my issue...

1: turn off rapid startup.

2: unplug any usb receiver like that used for a wireless mouse.

This still doesn't release HP from the responsibilty to investigate this issue further.

Hope this helps others.

Cheers!

HP Recommended
That's great.

Unfortunately I have done that and still the problem exist. The only thing that might work but i can't do is downgrade Intel management engine to version 9.

HP Recommended

hello all,

great to see this response on my question (although not really "great" maybe :-/). At least I'm not the only one having this problem...

I too have tried to switch off rapid mode and plug off usb recievers, but this really doesn't help me. Downgrading may work but I don't really dare to do that (wouldn't even know how).

I did not get any help from HP when I called them, they even said it was normal and that they can't do anything about it...

I still think it's very bad that my 6 year old laptop has a longer battery life when shut down than this brand new, rather fancy one. Next buy for sure won't be HP...

Good luck to all of you and let's just hope that one day HP comes with a solution

Lotte

HP Recommended
My second attempt to get this problem fixed by an authorized technician failed again.

They replaced the battery second time and tested. When I got the laptop back, the report includes the following detail : " Battery replaced and tested for 24 hours. 2% discharge detected, which is an acceptable level"
After this report I gave up on HP because according to them my 6 year old Dell is not functioning normally by discharging 0% in 24 and even 48 hours.

Take home message is 'do not buy an HP laptop'.
HP Recommended

I thought about changing the battery, yet i cant find a genuine HP replacement, it should be a PKO3XL? Not on Hps website and online comes up with Hong Kong based companies which i dont trust. Looks like i will have to live with it then get rid.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP Spectre x360. I purchased this great-looking laptop against my better judgment, having committed to never buying another Windows PC again. But, like an idiot, I went for it anyway, hoping I had been wrong, and I now regret it. Admittedly, Windows 10 is better than Windows 8, but that isn't saying much. It is still slower and less stable than my Macs.

After declining performance of Windows systems in recent years, I had all but transitioned everything I do to a high-end iMac and MacBook Pro, both of which blow the doors off any Windows PC I've ever seen. My MacBook stays full charged when turned off, whereas this HP Spectre x360 runs dry in just a few days.  Live and learn, I guess.

HP Recommended

So I got the brand spanking new late 2016 spectre with kabhylakes, everything is great until I charged it to full and then turned on the laptop the next day at work. 100% battery turned to 89%, that's mroe than 10% in 24 hours!!!

I tried all the basic procedures that the other forum/people have mentioend to fix it:

disabled usb charge in bios, turned off rapid/quick start, turned computer completely off.

it is still 8%-11% drain in a span of 15 hours when the computer is OFF

I have never heard or seen something like this before, HP seem to want to blame that it is a windows 10 update issue, but how is that possible when the problem is "battery drain when the computer is off", this seem like a hardware issue to me. Whether it is the bios setting or battery itself I do not know, something is draining it or the battery is faulty.

I tested the battery using the built in OS battery test and it passed OK with no issues and 100% charge, same with the bios version of the battery test both came out as great. Please provide some solutions hp!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.