Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion au181na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,I`m using HP Pavilion au181na.I have bought it two days ago.On the first it was showing battery timings for charging and discharging but after that I founded that it was`nt showing it,it is just displaying the battery percentage.Please help me to solve this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @AhmedMujtaba, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you are unable to get battery remaining time on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Press and hold or right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then tap or click Properties.
Under the Taskbar tab, under Notification Area, click Customize...
Tap or click Turn system icons on or off.
In the Behaviors column, select On in the drop-down list next to Power, and then tap or click OK.

If the issue still persists try performing a hard reset.

Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.

If the issue still persists try updating the BIOS using this link.

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot battery issues.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done all the things that you have mentioned but nothing.The issue is still there.

HP Recommended

@AhmedMujtaba, Thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Go to registry and change the settings.

Click start type reg edit in the search box. Go the location mentioned below and change the values.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled (1->0) (change from 1 to 0 and restart your PC)

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.