Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy m7-u009dx

Hi,
An employee was fired and decided to put a bios password on his laptop before handing it over.

As stated in the subject, it's an HP Envy m7-u009dx

I don't know how he had access to the bios to begin with as i'm not the one who configured his laptop but now i have to deal with it.

I removed the Cmos battery, removed the hard drive, swapped the ram, and somehow it's still asking me for a password.

I get a message stating that the cmos memory was cleared, then the pc reboots and asks fo the password.

The system disabled code is [i 84318849]

I tried several codes on https://bios-pw.org/ with the i, without the i, with the space, without the space, but all the codes failed.

At this point you are my last hope : what do i do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cotino 

Enter  13987606

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Cotino 

Enter  13987606

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

That worked !

Thank you very much for the solution.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem 86088322

HP Recommended

@Bigo2003 

I know we used to give out codes to bypass disable situations, but sorry -- the Community Policies changed this year such that we are now PROHIBITED from assisting customers in bypassing Admin or BIOS passwords, or in resetting those passwords.

For assistance in this NOW, you have to contact HP Customer Support directly as they will confirm ownership of the PC before providing any assistance -- something we are not able to do from here.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (650) 857-1501.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I've tried calling the support, they seem to not understand this issue at all.

I was told that I would need a new motherboard or I would need to send it into HP to have the password cleared as they do not have the service or capability to assist with a default password to my hp 10-p007na

My system disable code is A 7CE8A814, I can supply proof of purchase and pictures of the serial, they still say they cannot help as it's not in warranty. 

Wits end with this HP and I felt it was extremely bad service from HP considering I had another issue with a Dell. Called the dell support and within 10 minutes they supplied me the bypass code and my issue was resolved, once again proof of purchase was supplied.

So now I'm stucky with two choices , either replace the board or send it to HP and probably pay the same price as the laptop to have it cleared...

Rekon that's bad form......

HP Recommended

Dear @DavidPK,

Can you please help me find the BIOS password of my laptop.

My laptop is Hp Elitebook 820 g1. I add a figure of the information on my laptop.

Thank you.820 G1.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.