Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi guys,

after running software to clean deep my system and to do other things to make it boot quicker and works faster,

i noticed it reboots well but blank black screen appears...

iwhen i boot into safe mode, it works fine which gives me chance to run system restore but after it finishes, it boots back  into blank screen again..

..i used bios to effect to default settings and when it reboots it  goes blank,,,,,,,,, i went back and run last known configuration, it also boots back into blank screen, but i noticed i can hear normal running sound and functions behind the blank screen

but note here that  after running restore point twice, it once it said  couldnt move c:\ properly..anyway the last thing i did was LKC lask known config and reboots it.......it goes blank and i  just left it after i was fed up and concentrated on the other system  using to find the causes of the error on the internet, by the time i turned back, i saw it coming up and the screen clears   and  has an information that system restore didnt run well or something like that and it asks if i want to run system restor again now, i quickly cleared it with cancel because its already working properly and i dont want it to return to blank screen again....the question now is which repair  method fixed it? was it default reset or last known configuration,,? of course it cannot be system restore because it had already informed me that SR didnt work well..

since i tried everything one would have fixed it......so thanks for ideas i got from here

Turn off the computer

HP Recommended

hi guys,

after running software to clean deep my system and to do other things to make it boot quicker and works faster,

i noticed it reboots well but blank black screen appears...

iwhen i boot into safe mode, it works fine which gives me chance to run system restore but after it finishes, it boots back into blank screen again..

..i used bios to effect to default settings and when it reboots it goes blank,,,,,,,,, i went back and run last known configuration, it also boots back into blank screen, but i noticed i can hear normal running sound and functions behind the blank screen

but note here that after running restore point twice, it once it said couldnt move c:\ properly..anyway the last thing i did was LKC lask known config and reboots it.......it goes blank and i just left it after i was fed up and concentrated on the other system using to find the causes of the error on the internet, by the time i turned back, i saw it coming up and the screen clears and has an information that system restore didnt run well or something like that and it asks if i want to run system restor again now, i quickly cleared it with cancel because its already working properly and i dont want it to return to blank screen again....the question now is which repair method fixed it? was it default reset or last known configuration,,? of course it cannot be system restore because it had already informed me that SR didnt work well..

since i tried everything one would have fixed it......so thanks for ideas i got from here

Turn off the comput

HP Recommended

Thank you for your post about uninstalling the video drivers...it worked for my computer!!!

Shelley

HP Recommended

This G62 laptop has 2 video GPU's one from Intel, that can be removed and replaced along with the laptop processor, and another one (the main one, stupid thing!!!) from ATI embedded in the mainboard, that can only be replaced if you buy another mainboard....(???????).

The Intel processor only works in safe mode.

I had the same problem and i tryied everything (new drivers, cleaning fan and GPU's, HP diagnostics, formating HD...) nothing worked...

I solved the problem (more or less), deactivating the ATI GPU in the "device manager" in safe mode and reboot

Your computer should work fine but dont expect performance....

ps: cause of problem...ATI GPU dead

HP Recommended

Hello, 

G62 are having blank screen due to 2 possible reasons:

1. GPU driver. (if lucky)

2. GPU chip is loosened.

Clean install Windows 7 and install ONLY this driver to check if screen gets back into action: Do not enable any internet connection on computer after clean install. 

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49501-50000/sp49566.exe

If problem goes on, you may need to take your unit to a repair shop and let them check your GPU connection to board.

HP Recommended

Hey guys, so I have tried uninstalling the diplay drivers before, I can't remember if it worked the last time this happened, but should I try it again?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Dont uninstall drivers...or your laptop will install them again when you reboot the computer....only deactivate ATI chip.

By default it will try to work with the damage GPU and you will have the same problem again...only deactivate it

HP Recommended

what if the system start up test got failed ? system working in safe mode only .....please suggest?

HP Recommended

Hello mandeepsingh07,

When the start up test fails, are you getting a certain error code? This may be able to help resolve the issue, without having to replace any hardware.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I dont know How To thank you,, really i t work at  100% in my pc when i follow your instraction  my computer was start vell well without any problem,  i was brouse in web i was see this word like ."your window corupted"  Download this software" change your window" . But when iwas coming hire  im done everything ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so  thanks Very much  But I dont know your name ,,, Thanks ,God bless you?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.