Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey lazytd, I have the same computer and same problem.

A couple things I need help on following your recipe to fix the problem.

Do you download the file proboot.exe from a different computer onto a cd-rom?

Also I don't have an A drive.

Please help, I don't want to spend $400 to have hp fix it for me

HP Recommended

Hydewolf,

You can create an MS-DOS boot disk on a USB memory stick the same way and follow the procedures I stated.  If you do that you'll need to change your boot order in the BIOS so it will boot to USB.  If your computer will boot to windows you can download the proboot files on it, otherwise use another computer.   You could create a CD into a boot disk too, though I don't recall how.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

None of the above links seem now to work...is there an up-to-date link that I can use to download a program to get rid of the error ?

HP Recommended

Ga naar:

http://www.opal-rt.com/kb-article/pxe-e05-boot-error

er is onder punt 1 als laatste actie, iets vergeten te melden en dat is:

copieer de map intelresetdrivekey naar de USB-stick

en onder punt 2, als er geboot is met de USB-stick, typ in dir en ga dan naar de daar genoemde directory van Intel, dus met commando cd

daarna typ je in IBAUtil.exe -DEFCFG

opnieuw opstarten en zie daar, weg is de fout

Bij mij is het prima gegaan,

succes,

Ria

HP Recommended

Ik kan bevestigen dat het werkt, bedankt Ria !!

HP Recommended

Na precies 12 maanden had ik dezelfde foutmelding weer(toeval??, kijk naar mijn postingsdatums), gelukkig kon ik deze pagina weer terugvinden en het herstel opnieuw uitvoeren !

Ik lach me rot als ik op 09-08-2015 hier weer een posting doe....

HP Recommended

My laptop is compaq 

installed diskcrypter

after insatlling  it  my windows vista stuck with Intel agent 

it says dr 00 16 36 ce 11 p1 GUID :434E4636 3532 3257 5447 001636CE1101 

boot file recvied

what should I do 

Plz help

HP Recommended

Intel (R) bootagent GE V1.2.28 başlatılıyor
PXE E05:. LAN adaptörünün yapılandırması bozuk veya başlatılmamış
önyükleme ajan devam edemiyor.

YARDIM ET!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.