Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am writing to u because I also have the same problem with my laptop like U. I have a laptop Hp G6, and i just shrinked my disk C after a factory recovery..and later I can´t get in my laptop because the error : File :\Boot\BCD status 0xc0000225. Please could you help me with that? How did u resolve your problem. Many thanks.

please reply me as soon as possible

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Press F8 at startup to bring up the WinRE and select "Repair your computer".  At the next menu, open a command prompt and type in the following:

bootrec /rebuildbcd

and press enter.  if it asks you about windows installations, select "Y" or "A".  after that, you should be able to boot back into windows.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Press F8 at startup to bring up the WinRE and select "Repair your computer".  At the next menu, open a command prompt and type in the following:

bootrec /rebuildbcd

and press enter.  if it asks you about windows installations, select "Y" or "A".  after that, you should be able to boot back into windows.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
HP Recommended

Dear Sir F8 key not working in startup of the windows

HP Recommended

Dear sir F8 key are not working but I will insert bootable USB and go to the command prompt the enter
bootrec /rebuildbcd

and the screen shows the following msg

X: bootrec /rebuildbcd

Repairs critical disk structures. The follwoing commands are supported:

/FixMbr -- writes the master bootrecord of the system partition using master boot record compatible with Windows 7. this operation does not overwrite the existing partition table.

/FixBoot -- write a new boot sector onto the system partition using the boot sector compatble with Windows7.

/ScanOs -- scan all disks for installtions compatible with Windows and display the entries that are currently not in the boot configuration store.

/RebuildBcd -- scan all disks for instaltions compatible with Windows 7 and allow the urse to choose which to add to the boot configuration store.

So what is the next step please inform me

Regards

HP Recommended

Make sure you have a space between bootrec and /rebuildbcd

HP Recommended
I am sure that I have space between bootrec and /recbuildbcd
HP Recommended

Dear Sir Please solve my problem

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply,

If it's giving you the available commands, it's not reconizing what you typed. 

-make sure you are using forward slash / instead of backslash \

-make sure it is spelled exactly

If this still doesn't work, try a differant command such as   bootrec /fixboot   to see if it is simply not reconizing the commands

HP Recommended

Dear Sir  actualy I have Hp g6 Notebook PC

System ID            1695

Product ID            QEO58UAR#ABA

Serial Number     {Removed for privacy}

and Install Windows is Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

Dear sir i have created recovery DVD disk and shrink Drive C Now what can I do for  these problem please gave me the solution.

When i press F11 or inster Recovery DVD the show on the screen is:

Infi:                The boot selection failed because required device is inccessible,

please gaive the solution as soon as possible.

Regards

HP Recommended

Press F2 at startup and select the hard drive test.  You will need to test the hard drive to make sure it's not a HDD failure.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.