Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is your model notebook also a g6-1261sa?

If, so that is the driver you need for the bluetooth, and I wouldn't know what to do to make the driver install unless you try to install it manually.

If you do not have a g6-1261sa notebook, then please let me know the full model of your notebook.

HP Recommended

It's g6- 2301sm.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

That one works, thanks again. 

Hopefully this will be my last question,do you know any reason why the system tells me that I only have 930 mb usable RAM memory when I actually have 6 gb. Friend told me that the problem might be in BIOS where I should enable memory remapping feature but i can't find that anywhere in my BIOS.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is no way to change the amount of memory allocated to any device.  There are no BIOS settings to change.

There is only one place you can check to see if you can change the amount of system memory available.

Run 'msconfig', go to 'boot' tab, click 'advanced options', and untick 'maximum memory' if it is checked.

If it is not checked then there is nothing you can do.

HP Recommended

Hi there, I have the same problem and my hardware id:     PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_1629103C&REV_01

Please help me find the correct driver. Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the driver you need for the hardware ID of PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5060882&sp...

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with a added twist. I plug in lan cable for internet access and I cant update my drivers. Can you tell me how I switch on the wifi or update my drivers

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I'm having the exact same problem, I'm stuck on it. Please help me too here is the id

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C&REV_01

HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this wireless driver for the hardware ID of PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-107849-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.