Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15-au183sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have created the one time recovery to a 64GB flash drive because that was the only spare flash drive I had at the time. When I look and the flash drive, It appears as a 32GB flash drive with 47 hidden files on amounting to 10.9GB. My question is, can I copy or clone this USB flash drive to another USB flash drive? I now have a spare 32GB drive which I would prefer to use to free up the 64GB one. Is this possible ans how do I do it? I do have EaseUS Todo installed if that could do it. I'm assuming the recovery USB has been created as a bootable drive so just copying ther files will not suffice.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi,

No way to make another working bootable HP recovery media. The first one is the only one you got.

Many have been unsuccessful in doing this.

You have definitely other options like backing up whole system image, creating Windows 10 Home 64 bit clean install bootable USB.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

@visruth wrote:
Hi,

No way to make another working bootable HP recovery media. The first one is the only one you got.

Many have been unsuccessful in doing this.

You have definitely other options like backing up whole system image, creating Windows 10 Home 64 bit clean install bootable USB.

Regards

Visruth

Thanks for your reply,

Can I confirm that you are stating that it is not possible to copy/clone the HP recovery USB that I have created? Even using software such as Easeus Todo which can copy/clone any partition? Is that recovery USB that I have made encrypted then? Would not a sector by sector clone not work?

HP Recommended

I've not seen even a single member reporting it be successful here.

Yes you cannot copy and create another working recovery USB.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.