Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
envy sleepboot 4pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

get the message \BCD error code 0XD 0000098  

Assume there is a file missing or corrupt but i do not have a recovery disk as im on a holiday.

anyone have a idea how to fix this asap as i need it here and now.

Brgds

Kristian

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. From the menu tap F11. On the Options screen click Troubleshoot. On the next screen choose Reset my PC.  If for some reason Reset fails to work-you can go back through the steps and choose HP Recovery Manager, then System Recovery.

HP recommends System Recovery if you have an SSD over 128gb.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04742289#AbT1

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Hi,tnx for the fast replay but it dosnt sollve my problem.whats going on is as follow
Turn on Pages tells me its a problem needs to restart
2 page comes up
Recovery
Error Message and Thatcher i nerd recovery Tools
Og i do nothing it shuts down
Press esc uefi firmware settings
Startkontingent meny
F1,2,9,10,11
Omlyd f1and2 works
If i pressen enter it repeats the same....
Have run test og everything and its ok except the battery,need new hd 500 gb.
HP Recommended

please use the spelling correcter here and avoid all cell phone text ,slang, this is not a chat room. (I can not figure out last post)

Answser....

of you have no data (personal data)

you can read the manual on your  PC (under support above)

it tells you to press F11 at power on

the refresh the OS , operating system.

there are other fixes,  (vast and x100 if infected)

but about is the simple fix.

back to day1, HP new PC.

works on all PCs with good HDD /SSD by HP.

(not old Compaqs)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Trying to decipher your post-It seems that running tests gives you a message about hard drive. If the hard drive has failed/is failing- nothing is going to get you back up and running without Recovery Media and a new hard drive.

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Sorry abt the spelling but i did correct it all the way so im surprised it came out as it did,must blame htc for that one,anyway the main problem is that F 9,10,11 dosnt work so i cant do what you suggested.I did test all the components and its only the battery that dosnt work,everything else do work and the pc have never crashed before.The whole thing has to do with the file BCD error code OXD0000098.

I got a warning from avast abt this file the day before,that it needed to be fixed or that avast would fix it,i cant remember if i accepted it or not.The pc started the next morning but i cut the electricity leaving the room (it was a hotel) and it will not start after that.

I will give it a go again today but my question is,is it possible to get a recovery link online?

Anyway thanks for your help sofar.....

Kristian

HP Recommended

There is no link for Recovery Media online. You could get a tool from Neosmart > Easy Recovery Essentials that is supposed to fix the error. Or you could get a download of Windows 10 free from Microsoft using > Media Creation Tool to make a bootable flash drive.

Two problems I see with either:

1-Do you have access to another computer to download either of these and create a USB bootable flash drive?

2-With F9 not working you can't boot from a USB flash drive.

HP Recommended
Well i made some progress,hot to the recovery manager but its not i can only run the control link and show contact info.
Om tue next page ie control of the pc i van only open
Write a kommando notice....this dosnt look promising to me

Ps ii warn you im om my phone...
HP Recommended

Your phone is making this very hard for me- and you.:smileylol:

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for all your efforts  but in the end i went down o a HP shop here in KL. (guess where lol) so m pc is up and running but empty so i do have something to keep me occupied.....

Ciao

Spoiler
Spoiler
:LaughingTears:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.