Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear,

I am using Elitebook 8560p and enabled 'Windows Logon Security' and 'Pre-Boot Security' on HP ProtectTools.

After that, I cannot change some of BIOS settings that are grey-out.

I pressed F10 key while PC is being booted up and selected 'No' against 'Login into F10 as a guest user' dialog.

I logged in as administrator. Even the privillage of administrator cannot change 'Port Option' or 'Built-In Drive Options' in 'System Configuration'. 

I disabled both 'Windows Logon Security' and 'Pre-Boot Security', but those BIOS settings are still grey-out and can't be changed !!

Any advice and comments would be nicely appreciated.

Best regards,

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I actually solved this just a few minutes ago. When it asks you to log in as a guest, select yes. Dunno why, but it worked for me.

HP Recommended

I also facing the same problem can't be able to change BIOS settings ...

Please help me!

HP Recommended

When it asks you to log in as a guest in BIOS, select yes.

Huei
HP Recommended

Hi gohkid1412

I registered just to say thanks. Who would had known.

Thanks again,

Lyes

HP Recommended

Thank you. Looks like they screwed up one condition clause.

HP Recommended

Thanks it works for me too........ 

HP Recommended

Hello,

seams to me that this is a security issue and nobody from HP is tackling it. I've just updated to the latest version of BIOS and still the same problem is present. Cannot believe that HP is closing eyes on this, particularly considering it is a bussiness computer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I also registered just to say thank you. It worked for me as well. Why did I not think of it earlier. Thank you so much.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.