Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased and installed HP's wireless Keyboard and Mouse LV290AA. As this keyboard doesn't include lights indicating whey Caps Lock is on, is there any software or other way to indicate when the Caps Lock is on or off?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

CoastalWorld,

Welcome the the Forum!

For Windows 7...

Control Panel > icon view > Ease of Access > "Make it easier to Focus on Tasks" >

CHECK "Turn on Toggle Keys"

and, if you like...

CHECK "Turn on Toggle Keys by holding down the NUM LOCK key for 5 seconds"

You may adjust how long the "Caps Lock" (and other messages) appear on the screen:

Under "Adjust the time limits and flashing visuals" > Drop down Menu... Select time...

=========================================================================

Good Luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you appreciate the help…

Please Click the Kudos Star on the Left to say "Thank You"!

Is it Solved? Please Click this Post “Accept as Solution” to say "Yes!"

Remember:  The more information you provide, the better help you can receive.

Always Include:  (Notebook) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Operating System and an Error Description

Never give out your Serial Number

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Went into Control Panel --> Ease of use and turned on Toggle Keys along with the NumLock option. However, all I get is a tone when turning on CapsLock. I could not find anyway to display a message or set a time for this.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi Coastal,

Pop-up  / message should come up in the lower-right of the screen.

What is your Operating System(Windows 7, 32/64 bit... ?)

and your Product Number of your computer? 

(Be specific, please.)

Here is help on finding the Product Number:

Locate the Notebook Product Number

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Using Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit. Not an HP computer, but a desktop I built. Using Intel Pentium IV 2.8 ghz processor though, so I don't have a product number.

thanks,

HP Recommended

Thanks...

Most people want to turn off the pop-ups.  Smiling.  I like mine but I don't look at them unless there is an issue and I want to know what the keyboard is "doing" for some reason.  Then I want them there.

OK.. how to get this to you on that handbuilt machine (of which I approve, BTW)...

Option 1:

It appears that you are using the Microsoft drivers for the keyboard.

Found this and this may well do the trick!

HP 2.4GHz Wireless Multi-media Keyboard and Mouse

Option 2:

You might try a "Hard Reset"... This is not the same thing in a Desktop system, obviously.  There is no battery so one cannot really "RESET" the system in the same way. 

What good is a Reset without the drivers?  Maybe the drivers in the system are actually OK and the connection the first time just didn't "connect" for some reason.  It does happen.

Shut down the system,

Disconnect the keyboard (the USB unifier),

Unplug the system for about a minute, then reconnect the power...

Restart...

Connect the Unifier USB for the mouse and keyboard...

Good Luck!

I hope this helps!

When you appreciate the help…

Is it Solved? Make it easier for other people to find the Answer:  

Please Mark my PostAccept as Solution” to say "Yes!"

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Downloaded and installed the software, however after the install, I could not find the main application to apply the settings. It wasn't under Start--> All Programs, nor could I find an appropriate application under the installed folder. The only .exe there was a batindicator.exe which did nothing when double clicking, or selecting "open".

I then figured it would show in the task bar as an app running in the background, however it didn't show under the "customize" option to hide, show etc. Never had an app that I installed before that I couldn't find.

Again, all I get is a beep with the caps or caps lock key, no display whether on or off.

Thanks again, I'll try elsewhere.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I found this... actually, I knew I had it and it occurs to me that it may work for this application. 

Like many HP packages, the information avavilable on the contents is sketchy.  Neither do I have access to the code so I cannot glean the details.  Nonetheless, it is a tiny program and it may work to restore your Caps Lock on/off indicator

HP On-Screen Display Utility sp55152 V1.30

Description:

This package provides the HP On-Screen Display Utility for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The HP On-Screen Display Utility enables the pop-up graphic displays that are shown on the screen when certain characteristics, such as volume or brightness, are changed.

If I find anything else... I will POST!

Good Luck!

When you appreciate the effort…

Is it Solved? Make it easier for other people to find the Answer:  

Please Mark my PostAccept as Solution” to say "Yes!"

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem on my new windows 8  64 bit  HP Pavilion with wireless keyboard.   As previously suggested, when I held down the Num Lock key for 5 seconds I got the tone, but nothing on the screen.....  until I happened to notice that on one application I did get the symbols.   This application was fairly old and was a brokerage account and the fields did appeared at the bottom.    It looked like something that I remember as a 3270 setup (?).   Maybe this will jog somebody's memory.       I guess that you could get the right brokerage account if you really wanted to see the symbols....    My referral commissions are very reasonable.  Sometimes it takes a DAU that can't even spell "IT"......   

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please download an excellent free application “Keyboard LEDs”, Version 2.7.1.59 from:

http://keyboard-leds.com/?version=2.7.1.59

The above application has many user-friendly features to view the status of Caps Lock, Num Lock & Scroll Lock keys on the Screen Display & the System Tray.

Hope you find this application useful.

Regards,

Dr. Harish L. Rao

Bangalore, India.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.