Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have a hp pavilion g6 2237nr laptop PC, and recently the caps lock light began to blink continuously. it stops for a while but then it starts up again. my laptop seems to be working properly however i'm very worried about the light blinking. please help i'm freaking out!! :womansad:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The issue with your computer is just a bit different from the following thread in that yours seems to still be booting up and working while the caps lock light blinks.  Not just sure what that would mean, but I think if you sift through this post,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Laptop-Won-t-Boot-Caps-Lock-Button-Light...

you might get some suggestions.  In the post is a link to a "blinking light" document that might be of some assistance too.

Good luck,

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The issue with your computer is just a bit different from the following thread in that yours seems to still be booting up and working while the caps lock light blinks.  Not just sure what that would mean, but I think if you sift through this post,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Laptop-Won-t-Boot-Caps-Lock-Button-Light...

you might get some suggestions.  In the post is a link to a "blinking light" document that might be of some assistance too.

Good luck,

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

thank u

HP Recommended

I have an HP G62-227CA.  When I turn it on, the caps light blinks continually & there is no video on the screen or even when I hook up an external monitor.  How do I find out what's wrong & how do I fix it?

Thank you

HP Recommended

use the link that the expert gave me or check other posts about the caps lock light blinking

HP Recommended

I just replaced the motherboard on a pavilion DV4 and still getting a blinking light on cap and num lock.  Did i miss something, i am at a loss right now .....I need your help?

HP Recommended

StrunkPC:
Was it a new mb?  Did u do the r & r or someone else.  If someone else, take it back to them.  If u, then keep askin around.

My situation is a tad different, as I got some compressed air, took the back of the pc off the best I cud, spryed the air in to get rid of dust that mighta been shorting something out, & put the back of the pc back in place.  But now, by the power plug, the light is amber & it won't even power up.  Inviting suggestions, but may have to just find a similiar pc that the hd will work in.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.