Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Notebook 15-AF163AU

So I have seen one or two questions summarising my current dilemma. The charging pin on my laptop is bent, i did not notice that there was a problem until the charger wouldn't get into the charging port. I am deeply distraught by this whole experience with this particular HP product  because i have only had it for two months and had to do a lot of saving to buy it. Mind you I have previously owned a very affordable HP Compaq Presario for 8 years and had to do away with it as it was operating on Vista.  So with all my receipts in hand I went back to place of purchase thinking that this would be covered by my warranty as really i did not do anything wrong to cause the pin to bend. But alas when I got there i got zero sympathy from the tech saleperson who insinuated that I had somehow physically abused my laptop :womansurprised: and also let me know that I had caused further damage to the charging port as i kept trying to push the bent pin in (it never rains but it pours). I am a very careful person and my laptop and charger are always stored in a safe place  away from my curious toddler. So my only assessment is that this has more to do with the pin bending due to everyday use rather than physical abuse :womansad:(customer service person). I strongly believe that this particular pin has a narrow diameter and lack of support in the connector causes it to bend easily (not really a technician so this is just a theory). The  L shaped jackdoes'nt make matters any easier as it kind of sits awkward when working on a laptop board or desk. So HP, if certain designs result in damage surely these can be  covered by the warranty. Personally, I have spent more than I can afford on this Notebook, and I can't pay for damages that, in my opinion, were not due to any mishandling of product but rather to a flaw in design.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you called HP Support to see if it is covered under warranty?  >>Contact HP

Btw, I have seen posters solve the bent pin issue by inserting a ballpoint pen into the barrel(with ink cartridge removed), fitting it over the pin and gently straightening it. If you have indeed damaged the charging port I do not know of a way to fix that yourself.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Thanks CherylG, wish I had come here before returning laptop to the retailer. Sounds like this would have solved the Pin problem. I have got in touch with HP and they have given me case number. Will post once this is resolved. Thanks again
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.